Mesa @ Guitar Center

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTRhvn

Reaction score
Hey guys...I read that you can't purchase a Mesa though GC's 12 month prefereed player payment thing. But I also read that there was a way around that by getting something along with it. Anyone know anything about this.

Thanks.

Is that where you charge it to the GC card and you dont have to pay for a year... Cause if thats the promotion you are talking about... I bought Mesa's and nothing else from GC and they gave me the promotion.

Exactly. You charge it to the card...no payments/interest for a year. That's what I'll (hopefulyl) be doing.

You should be able to get it! And dont forget to get your amp cover if you buy something thats not in a box, they always forget... And I always ask for something for free if i pay alot... Like i get an extra chord or a guitar hook no charge.

One thing to consider on those 12months no interest promotions. Typically what these companies do is give you a year to pay off the item. If you go over a year in payments they retro actively charge the interest for THE WHOLE year. A $1000 purchase with 20% interest becomes 1200.. or more (some credit card companies are creative with interest). Furthermore sometimes what they will do is say you buy your amp on March 6th, they will make your payments due on the March 15th. So on that 12th month if you send the final payment the day the payment is due it wil be over 12month term to pay off the loan. Make a effor to pay off the balance in full at around 11months to be safe.

Good luck with your purchase, I love mesa but I hate credit cards so I thought I would share with you some basic consumer advocacy info =)

One thing to consider on those 12months no interest promotions. Typically what these companies do is give you a year to pay off the item. If you go over a year in payments they retro actively charge the interest for THE WHOLE year. A $1000 purchase with 20% interest becomes 1200.. or more (some credit card companies are creative with interest). Furthermore sometimes what they will do is say you buy your amp on March 6th, they will make your payments due on the March 15th. So on that 12th month if you send the final payment the day the payment is due it wil be over 12month term to pay off the loan. Make a effor to pay off the balance in full at around 11months to be safe.

Good luck with your purchase, I love mesa but I hate credit cards so I thought I would share with you some basic consumer advocacy info =)
hes totally right on that one

elpingua said:

totally right

bottom line with those "no interest or payments for ________" is you want to pay it all off well within the time period

your average Mesa product makes no less than 100 dollars profit. Many models are even closer to 300 dollars profit.

what this translates to is that you should have no problem asking for no less than 50 dollars worth of free stuff.

Dont go for the extra cable, the ones they give away cost them 3 dollars and tend to get noisy real quick. The suckers dont break... but still

Id ask for a box of your fav strings, or even a new pickup or stomp box or something. If you make it sound like you wont buy unless they do it, they will usually fold pretty quick and give in

elpingua said:

Thanks for the warning, I recently purchased a set of krk monitor speakers using their credit card program.

Latest posts

Back