Mesa FLIGHTCASE question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6stringer

Reaction score
hi there!

I've been searching a flight case for my mesa 212, and there are two options.

1.the standard, which ,when you're playing, has only a 'tray' for the cabinet.

http://www.roadreadycases.com/prodetail.php?sku=RRGAL

2.the 'untraditional' ,or 'built around the cab' kind of case,,which looks this:

http://www.roadreadycases.com/prodetail.php?sku=RRMBRS412C

My questions are:

1. Do you think that the second one, the 'built around the cab' kind of case,would EFFECTS or DEGRADE the sound of the cabinet ,(with quite much foam!!!)?
because it's built around it, you only remove the back and the front parts, the other parts are fixed to the cabinet.

(the standard kind of case only has a tray under the cabinet when you are playing , the other parts of the flightcase are removed.)

2.Which one would you choose ,and why?

Any input of yours would be appriciated!

Thank you in advance!

I doubt the case will negatively affect your tone.

I would get the second because it would be easier to remove a front and back compared to a whole top half.

The second type is referred to as a live in case as its never removed . It wont affect the sound . I use unitec cases . Very nice cases i might add . mine are the elite series , but they make a less expensive line as well .

www.unitecproducts.com

I prefer the live in case because you don't have to worry about anything messing up the amps back and sides when you put the case back on it. You just pop the front off, set it behind it and play, you don't have to lift off the top, find a place off stage to stash and then go get it and put it back on before you move it off the stage. Now, if you have a custom cab, with say, something like the side-armor, then I'd go lift off so you could show it off, but if you just have a normal Black tolexed 4x12 or 2x12 Cab, then the live-in is def. the way to go IMO. Combos, the lift off is nice because you can then set the base and amp on top of the cases' top and use it as an amp stand to elevate it closer to ear level. I've had experience with both.

-AJH

Thank you AustinK, Barry an MesaENGR412!

I think I'll go wih the live version!

I have an Angstrom 'live in' case for my GB 2x12 cab, and it's awesome. Very nice to be able to wheel the cab into a bar, pull off the front cover and giv'er. :D No negative affect on the tone at all, BTW.ee

Latest posts

Back