MESA F-100 is ROCK SOLID!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I gotta say it to those of you that already know...MESA is a TANK! My power tubes failed me and I just KNEW that I had blown a capacitor or something more serious. Well, I bought some new 6L6 tubes, changed em all, and man, that baby sounds farkin fantastic! Here is my testimonial...I was playing and all of the sudden I lost volume and I smelled something burning. I IMMEDIATELY shut it down and let it cool off. I pulled the chasis out by removing the top 4 screws, and began investigating. (My amp is WELL out of the warranty period, so I had nothing to lose). I am very fortunate to own a lot of testing equipment, so I checked the capacitors first (due to the burning smell), but they were PERFECT! The farad readings were exactly on the mark in relation to the stampings on each one. I inspected each tube socket for signs of arcing, but all was well. I then inspected the remaining components, and they to were good. I did all this BEFORE the tube change because what else could I do at 10:00 P.M.? My point is, Mesa makes a rock solid ON SPEC amp that is really a great bargain for the price. The F-100 is not the top mesa amp, but if they put this much attention into the lower units, what must be the quality of say the Road king series 2, which I will get one day!
Chuck :D

Yes! You are exactly correct. The fuse blew.. :eek: .I neglected to mention that :roll: . A potential troublesome oversight on my part. Anyway, You must know about the F series amps. It is my first Mesa, and I LOVE it. I am now a Mesa fan. The tubes were dated 2002 if that helps anyone. They held up quite a while. I use it MOSTLY for recording, but OMG, ALIVE, MESA'S ARE HARD TO RIVAL!

Chuck :D

Back