Mesa Express Re-Tube?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rush

Reaction score
Hi guys..

I sold my F-50 nearly a year ago and have been without a tube amp ever since. I've been playing through a Zoom G92.tt which is a nice sounding practice unit. I've been playing the Mesa Express amps in GC over the past few months and think they sound great, so I'm gonna go pick one up sometime this weekend.

I've read they exhibit a lot of hiss, but I didn't anything out of the ordinary for a tube amp when I played them at GC. I've owned quite a few tube amps over the years, and I've got an ISP Decimator on hand if need be.

I'm curious if GC sells adequate replacement tubes to minimize hiss in the Express amps? The only tubes I've ever bought have been through Bob over at Eurotubes. Anyone retube one with tubes from GC? If so, which? Thanks!

I have heard of problems with the Express amps in Europe, but not so much in the US. The Mesa tubes that come with the amp should be part of the warranty.

I'd say give it a good trial in the store, explain to the sales person that you plan on purchasing and put it to a good test.

The bad thing about GC is people that know nothing about tube amps go in and crank the knobs all the way to the right.

Buying from Eurotubes in the past your familiar with tube combinations that you like. You can always pick up and try something else and use what comes in the Express as back ups.

Latest posts

Back