mesa dual recto 3 ch fx loop problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikomaster

Reaction score
hi i have a 3ch mesa dual and i love it but i dont understand how i set SEND LEVE and MIX leve if i dont use any fx or pedal on loop ?? some one can help me??

if you run nothing in the loop then keep your loop turned off. You can do this on the back of the amp via selector knob or just use your footswitch. Loop is a tone robber so if you dont use fx in the loop dont engage it.

Though, if you "hard bypass" the loop, you lose function of the Solo and Master Outputs! I too prefer the tone with the loop bypassed, but if you must have these other functions, just set the Send Level on the rear at the "normal" position/area, straight up, I believe! Just experiment!

nikomaster said:
the mesa tech area write me to set send and mix to normal (50%) ...........
That is correct! Straight up! Normal area! 50%! Channel masters ~10-12 o'clock, Master/Solo to taste!

i also use the FX loop and got both at 50% (normal setting).

for my dirty channel i keep the channel master at about 10-11 o'clock (sweet spot) and output master depending on the situation: at rehearsal it's at about 10 o'clock.

i'm getting a power attenuator to drive the tubes so i'll keep that sucker at full blast! i know many believe it sucks the tone, but i always wanted to try it. we'll see how that goes.

domct203 said:
With my Triple I would run the send around 1:00-1:30 to push the power section a little more. Experiment and have fun!

Dom
Your not pushing the power section a little more? Your driving one of the pre-amp tubes harder! Big Difference! :idea:

Back