Mesa DC3 clips?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foorever

Reaction score
I've searched, found a couple threads, but not much on the DC3.

Anyone who got one care to share some clips? :)

I have one on the way. It'll take about 5 more days to get it :evil:

Go here:
http://www.jam-bone.org/bonezone.html

You need flash player to view. About half way down the page is a short video clip from a small festival gig we did a couple of years back. That's a DC-3 combo through a 2x12 open back extension cab. Not a great recording, but you'll get an idea what it can do.

These are great amps.

Hell yeah!!!!!! :D :D :D I love those amps. Nice axe too!

I don't know if Metal is your bag, but here is this guy too. A little on the sick side, but a great guy none the less. He has one of my old DC-3's, Wine Red Taurus with Cane Biscuit grill.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=41890987

Definitely not as groovy as Jam Bone though!

Monsta-Tone said:

I don't know if Metal is your bag, but here is this guy too. A little on the sick side, but a great guy none the less. He has one of my old DC-3's, Wine Red Taurus with Cane Biscuit grill.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=41890987

Definitely not as groovy as Jam Bone though!

...which settles the "My DC-3 doesn't have enough gain"-thread once and for all. :lol:

Monsta-Tone said:

Hey - thanks, man. That's a PRS CE-22. It sounded great, but I could never get used to the way it felt or the 5-way rotary pickup selector. I wanted a nice axe that would fit somewhere between a strat and a LP. The sounds were all there, but I could just never feel comfortable with it. I also could never go more than 45 minutes without breaking a string. I traded it in for a Martin Acoustic.

I love my PRS, but I have the Wide Fat Neck.

Lately I've been using my McCarty a lot and avoiding the Custom 22. Then, I plugged the Custom in on Tuesday and was blown away by the tone. I kept thinking my amps were too bassy, it was the McCarty.

As for the 5-way, I always yank them out and go with the McCarty wiring. 3-way switch with a push-pull tone. Much better.

I used to go see Santana at least once a year. At least 5 times a show, he would come out of some ripping *** solo, only to have to mess with the 5-way during the next verse to get back where he should have been. I would much rather be able to see or feel where I'm at.

tetsubin said:
. . . which settles the "My DC-3 doesn't have enough gain"-thread once and for all.
That's what I thought, too. But those clips sound NOTHING like my DC-3. Apparently, he's miking a 15" Celestion cab, and mixing that with a recording of the the direct output (which he calls, "running the solid state"), through a BBE Sonic Maximizer, and two 32-band EQs.

LEVEL4 said:
tetsubin said:
. . . which settles the "My DC-3 doesn't have enough gain"-thread once and for all.
That's what I thought, too. But those clips sound NOTHING like my DC-3. Apparently, he's miking a 15" Celestion cab, and mixing that with a recording of the the direct output (which he calls, "running the solid state"), through a BBE Sonic Maximizer, and two 32-band EQs.

Yeah, it's more of a, well, inorganic tone. But nothing that wouldn't be possible with direct micing (turning up the treble, mids and presence) and normal EQing in the postprocessing stage. The amount of gain should be available on your amp, too - as far as I can judge from my DC-5 head. I mean, plumptone doesn't actually use little gain in his video :) I just wonder, if your amp is OK. I think you said, you get just a fraction of the Mark IV's gain; if that's true I would bring in the DC-3 for a checkup.

I found this on youtube, sounds pretty sick Im really considering this, I gotta try out a DC, recto and mark IV to see which I like best:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-222675169905715232&q=mesa+dc+&ei=8U44SN3pKJD6-wGC67DrAw

Latest posts

Back