Mesa DC-3's older vs. new. need a footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzerza

Reaction score
I just purchased my 2nd DC-3 from a local guy for $350.00 (sweet deal I thought) and could use a footswitch if anyone has one to sell. I really would rather not spend $70 for a new one.

Also would like any comments on the original version of the DC3 vs. the newer one. The 1st one I have is the older version and the one I just bought is the newer one. I notice the EQ on the original does not make near as much of a difference as the newer one. Any other differences you guys can tell me about? I have never used 2 amps together before, any suggestions for ways I can work them together to get some cool sound?

Lastly, I 'm thinking about putting one or both into some hardwood cabs. I was thinking about working with a buddy of mine to build my own, but saw another post that the dc3 will fit in a mark IV cab...any thoughts there? How much do you think I could get a Harwood cab for?

Thanks for all the help.

PM me with your email address.

I have a drawing that I will send you, along with an explanation of a mod that will greatly improve the EQ settings on the older model.

As for differences:
A
Has a knob for EQ selection, and a completely different switching circuit for it.
The footswitch jack is on the back for EQ
It has been rumored that there was too much current on the LDR's, I have replaced all of them in my DC's because some of them failed.

B
Has a switch to select the EQ Function.
Footswitch jack is on the front, with the Channel Sellector.

There may have been some changes in the actual switches used on the front panels. Other than that, they look basically the same.

The older ones used a different circuit in the footswitch.

You can usually find footswitches on ebay, but they go for around $50. For the price you got the new one for, I would just call Mesa and get a new one. You will still come out far ahead of anybody who got their amp on ebay.

if your using them together A/B? you could get some really versatile settings like one set for clean and high gain lead and one with ch1 amped for that sweet bluesy sound u can get with the mid cranked and a nice rock rhythm sound on ch2 that would be an awesome setup you might have to customise a pedal for all the switching possibilites though

Latest posts

Back