Mesa Customs Thread!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gremmert said:
dual.jpg
[/img]

Nice! I love the way that your blue guitar looks against the neutral color of the amp.

Thanks!

It's a dual rec head and cab in private reserve, flame maple. The cab is loaded with Celestion Centurys.

Here is my F-100 that I customized with Mesa Tan Jute grill cloth, Fender Vintage white knobs, and 3/16" piping:

F-100Finishedobliqueright.jpg

CloseupF-100finished.jpg

FinishedF-100.jpg

If you're curious how I did the mod, check out this tutorial: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1182222

that F-100 should have a vintage "Boogie" logo on it in the upper left hand corner of the grille, that'd look sick (not like it doesn't look good anyway but, it'd be a nice addition IMO) :wink:

-AJH

gremmert said:
Thanks!

It's a dual rec head and cab in private reserve, flame maple. The cab is loaded with Celestion Centurys.

How do you like those Celestion Century speakers? I'm considering getting an F-50 with one of those in it for more headroom.

hal9000 said:
Here is my F-100 that I customized with Mesa Tan Jute grill cloth, Fender Vintage white knobs, and 3/16" piping:

oh man, i think that looks great! you did that yourself? ****, i wish i could do that that well :shock:

jgventura said:
there has to be more customs, share them!

I'll post pics once I get mine. I ordered a Roadster head a couple of weeks ago with a solid black diamond plate front panel (not half diamond plate, half tolex like the stock version) and brushed aluminum vents (like on a dual rectifier).

It won't be anything too crazy or original, I just didn't like the look of the stock Roadster. It should still come out killer looking though and will be unique.

Now I have to wait :evil: .....speaking of which, how long has it taken some of you guys to get your custom ordered boogies? They told my dealer it would take 6-8 weeks but I hear more people mention it took them 3 months or more to get theirs. I'm really hoping it dosn't take more than two months to get mine.

G.I.G. said:
I'll post pics once I get mine. I ordered a Roadster head a couple of weeks ago with a solid black diamond plate front panel (not half diamond plate, half tolex like the stock version) and brushed aluminum vents (like on a dual rectifier).

how much was that? I've been thinking of doing something similar.

mJ

This is a custom of sorts. It's one of 2 Mesa Recto style cabs I've built for my RKII. They're getting the standard Mesa black tolex and a nice Bogner style cane grill. More of my custom stuff on www.dafguitars.com

second_cabinet_front.JPG

second_cabinet_tolex_2.JPG

second_cabinet_tolex_3.JPG

G.I.G. said:
jgventura said:

It won't be anything too crazy or original, I just didn't like the look of the stock Roadster. It should still come out killer looking though and will be unique.

Now I have to wait :evil: .....speaking of which, how long has it taken some of you guys to get your custom ordered boogies? They told my dealer it would take 6-8 weeks but I hear more people mention it took them 3 months or more to get theirs. I'm really hoping it dosn't take more than two months to get mine.

It took 14 weeks and 6 days from mine to come in. I have th Bubinga and wicker F-50. Some folks claim to have gotten theirs in the 6-8 week time frame, others have waited over 6 months. I think it depends on what it is you're getting. THere's no way to accurately predict, as far as I can tell, and trust me on this - there's no way to make it go any faster. I tried. The wait is well worth it though. Goo dluck - and post pics when you get it - sounds like a sweet set-up.

G.I.G. said:
jgventura said:

It took 14 weeks and 6 days from mine to come in. I have th Bubinga and wicker F-50. Some folks claim to have gotten theirs in the 6-8 week time frame, others have waited over 6 months. I think it depends on what it is you're getting. THere's no way to accurately predict, as far as I can tell, and trust me on this - there's no way to make it go any faster. I tried. The wait is well worth it though. Goo dluck - and post pics when you get it - sounds like a sweet set-up.

4nkam said:
G.I.G. said:

how much was that? I've been thinking of doing something similar.

mJ

It's a $159 custom option. It's not something they normally do for the Roadster because of the different dimensions of the amp and the fact that the diamond plate they get in the factory is prefabricated to fit certain amps. I just nagged enough until I finally got my way. :wink:

Latest posts

Back