Mesa Custom Order Hardwood On Tremoverb Need Help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian1545

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just recently bough a used Tremoverb Head in black leather and black grille. Since i don't care much for the black on black, Im trying to convert it to all hardwood housing for the amp with a tan grille. Is it possible to order just a hardwood housing (pretty much the frame of the amp w/o any amp inside) from mesa? Or do you have to order a whole amp from them? I really like their hardwood look and think it would look nice. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks.

You can order a hardwood cab from them. Keep in mind that they don't make the TOV anymore - if you order a cab for one, what you'll get is a Road King box.

The chassis are identical and it's a perfect fit, but the RK box is an inch or so taller - a good thing, IMO, as it gives the power tubes more clearance.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/jazzgear/Mesa%20Boogie%20PRONET%20FEB%202008/MesaPRONETFEB2008_0006.jpg

All options are added to the price of a standard head shell. :shock: I doubt that you will escape for less than $800 . If you want stained maple, it will cost much more :shock: .

Anyone know what the cheapest option would be for this if ordered the Hardwood Road King box?

No, if you ask for a tremoverb headshell they'll build you one with the same dimensions as a real t-verb headshell, not an RK shell.

Nice. but is it really going to cost more than $400 Just for the tverb housing?

Look in your yellow pages for local "woodworker" and asks if they'll tackle such a project. You know those woodworker that advertise: 'No project is too little or too big" something or rather.

But it really depending of the hardwood the local woodworker has instock or could obtain. Another thing exotic hardwood is harder and harder to obtain so its expensive. Just the wood alone may cost anywhere from $75 to $200. I sure some member claims he / she could get it for less but that's special case.

$400 from MESA Boogie and now beginning to look better.

brian1545 said:
Nice. but is it really going to cost more than $400 Just for the tverb housing?

In hardwood, it will. A regular plywood/tolex head cab is $300 (or it was last year, anyway).

You'll have plenty of time to save up as well because you can count on it taking at least three to six months from Mesa. But it will be authentic. No offense meant to any great woodworker, but 20, 30 years from now an authentic Mesa will be worth 10 times what Joe the woodworker's will be worth. That won't matter much to many users, but it's a variable to think about.

AdmiralB said:
You can order a hardwood cab from them. Keep in mind that they don't make the TOV anymore - if you order a cab for one, what you'll get is a Road King box.

The chassis are identical and it's a perfect fit, but the RK box is an inch or so taller - a good thing, IMO, as it gives the power tubes more clearance.

Of the two TOV's I've owned, the 2nd one had a shorter cab. Mesa told me to use the 54UGB's because the 54UG's from my other TOV were a tighter fit with almost no clearance.

I'm guessing my first TOV had the exact cab that would later be used for the Road King?

You guys who are claiming that it will be $400 are misreading what Boogie is saying. The $400 is on top of the $300 for the tolex head cab. When Boogie says that Hardwood is $400, the mean it is $400 additional, not $400 total. I was quoted a price of $800 for a custom RK head cabinet.

Sorry, but that is insane.

shredd6 said:
Griz said:
You'll have plenty of time to save up as well because you can count on it taking at least three to six months from Mesa. But it will be authentic. No offense meant to any great woodworker, but 20, 30 years from now an authentic Mesa will be worth 10 times what Joe the woodworker's will be worth. That won't matter much to many users, but it's a variable to think about.

Hey dog..

I'll put my woodwork up against anyone from Mesa any day. The bottom line is, it's just a f**king box with a Mesa plate on it. Secondly, a cabinet made by Norm Abram would be worth more than any Mesa made production cabinet.

Ok, I'll bite. How much for a Bubinga Wood cabinet for my RectoVerb 50 Combo? Can you also include the cane grill with the price? And let's make it a 2x12" while we're at it! :lol:

Sorry man.

shredd6, I could understand your point of view, coming from a woodworker's point of view, yes, a woodworker could build it for fraction of the price.

But here's where the expense are invloved: Unless you know where to get a supply of exotic hardwood for cheap, exoticwood are getting more expensive.

Then you must charge your hourly labor fee cheap, because calculating right, a cabinet could easily exceed $400. Unless you have a production dovetail machine instead of a dovetal jig.

If you claimed it shouldn't expect a lot of business from this board.

Latest posts

Back