Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Tube Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smucarolina

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I talked to mesa today and figured out why I have been getting noise in the amp...

the tube slots were not matched up properly...

I have two JJ's and four Mesa el34's in the power section.

The two JJ's are in the far left side if you are looking at the back of the amp.
THe four Mesa's are in the next four slots...

So which slots matched up where? Hopefully this will get rid of the noise...The amp has just been giving me issues with unwanted feedback and besides that I love it...if this fixes it I will probably just keep this amp instead of looking for a trade...I don't want to have to pay for tech fees if it is just a tube problem.

But buying a new power tube set would suck big time as well...

For more information...whenever I turn the amp on and it starts to warm up I hear some oscillating noises coming from the tubes which goes silent after a minute. While playing and doing palm mutes I can hear the "ring" sometimes but not all the time. Also, as I increase the volume the hum/noise gets louder. Mesa said this was most likely a power tube problem it sounded like and was due to mismatched tubes in the wrong slots.

tube sockets match up like

1 2 3 3 2 1

so you would put your 2 JJ tubes in both outside sockets and the mesa's in the middle. although i probably would have replaced them all together.

Latest posts

Back