Mesa Boogie Studio 22+ problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tokaigi

Reaction score
Hiya folks

I have a problem with my mesa, i've had the amp about 3 years now and i've changed tubes only once since having the amp and i know its definately due for a change of tubes so im hoping that will fix the problem.

But just to be on the safe side i thought i should ask for some help before hand, and also if it ends up going to a techy i might have an idea what could be wrong with it...i'll get on with it.

My mesa wont change channel at the moment and is stuck in the clean channel.

There are a couple of things i think might have something to do with it but i know it could well be a combination of them or none of them at all.

The problem started after i played using a Morley Wah pedal, which i had to use a guitar lead with metal jacks, and im wondering whether that could have shorted out anything in the amp ?

I have noticed on the last two occasions when playing, after a little while there is like a burning smell seemingly coming from the amp, im not 100% sure how describe it other than a burning smell, which i guessed might be because the tubes are so old - worrying.

I often play at home using an fx pedal, which is why i have only just discovered this problem, however, i do play in a band where i dont use an fx pedal and at our last practice last week it was fine.

Could my problem be down to my tubes burning something out? surely not, but i have no idea.

The only other conclusion i have is whether its my foot switch not working properly?

Other than this problem i haven't had any problems with the amp. Has anyone experienced or heard of anything like this before?

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Cheers for readin.

Back