Mesa Boogie Single Recto + Tubescreamer + MXR Distortion III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luison

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to share this with you guys, on my Mesa boogie Single Rectifier Clean Channel I use a TubeScreamer (Full Drive) for a very similar distortion almost like channel 2, and when I need to go to a lead part or require a little more distortion I use a MXR Distorion III with just a little drive (boths ON Tubescremaer+MXR Dist) and I get a great distortion for solo leads, someone of you does the same thing or something similar???..... With this config I can use mi Delay with out the effects loop, Have a nice Day!!!

Why would you use 2 distortion pedals instead of the dirty channel on a fricken RECTIFIER!?!

Maybe my post is somewhat confusing but don't misunderstanding me, The Distortion of the amp it's the best No One can beat it!!!!, but if I have to use a Delay in the second chanel the signal went to dark and I don't like it, so I go for the option that I post.......But!!!! testing over testing I found another solution... using the chanel II and If a put an Eq in the effects loop and add a little bit of high and mid frequencys I got the same perfect distortion tube sound!!!!

Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Series II
Egnater 2x12 Cab Celestion Elite 80
PRS CE Guitar 22
LCV Custom Made Guitars
TubeScreamer TS09
MXR Dist III
SD-1 Boss
DD-20
MXR BlackLevel Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II

I agree with you. Months ago I tried an MI Audio Crunch Box into a MI Audio TubeZone (pedals may have been the other way around....?) into the clean channel. Sounds pretty darn good! Surprised me how good it was.

Cascading two different pedals (Dist and OD) without going overboard on the pedals' gain and volume gives some really, really good tones. I think I had the Crunch Box dist level and output level low and had the Tubezone levels higher. I really can't remember which way.... :|

This is what I did last time and it's blown me away: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=46915
When I get the last room painted and return it to normal (ongoing saga) all hell is going to break loose! :lol: It's been several weeks since I've played my baby :evil: (call me crazy......)

Don't limit yourselves.

fluff191 -- I believe the poster was stating that he uses these pedals as boosts for his rhythm and lead work.

I have a Roadster that can get some great lead tones from many of its channels, but I prefer to boost it with a couple of drive pedals too, rather than sacrifice a rhythm channel for a mediocre lead channel. In my setup, I have a traditional Recto chugga channel, a lighter and brighter gain, a bright and skinny clean for ska licks, and a great fat rhythm clean for everything else. I absolutely need boosts to further get more versatility from my Roadster. With a boost on my lighter gain channel, I can pump it up some for searing octave licks that really cuts.

I'm using the TC Electronic Nova Drive along with the G-Major, endless options for a Single Rectifier, and best of all, all controled via midi :twisted:

Latest posts

Back