Mesa Boogie Prices

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytse_jam

Reaction score
hi i took a look at the first message in "modern era amps" ... do you really pay thoose prices for new amplifiers in stores in america???
my god... :shock: :shock: :shock: ...the list price of a new MkIV head in italy is 3200 euros (list price, then stores usually sell it for about 2700/2800) so about 3500$ i think... !!!!!!!!! a recto 4x12" is around 1500 euros... so, do you know if Mesa can send an amp in europe directly from factory and how much will it cost??

No, the price of a Mark IV head in the U.S. is $1850 American and the 4x12 is $900. So about half the price of what it costs in Europe.

The pricing is RIDICULOUS. I was very lucky to find a good quality used Mesa for a reasonable price. If you're set on Mesa and you're not in America, you are in essence getting ripped off price wise - but you WILL get an awesome amplifier for the extortionate price.

How about the $ 4250.00 I paid for that German POS called the Diezel
VH-4. It's all relevant when it comes to import and export. Why has the price of Marshall amps jumped? The EU and the Euro think it is as strong as the American dollar when the American dollar is nearly worthless.
Is that a Haiku, no it cannot be.

just to know, how much do you think an european mesa dealer pay for a mesa amp from USA?

Boogiebabies said:
How about the $ 4250.00 I paid for that German POS called the Diezel
VH-4. It's all relevant when it comes to import and export. Why has the price of Marshall amps jumped? The EU and the Euro think it is as strong as the American dollar when the American dollar is nearly worthless.
Is that a Haiku, no it cannot be.

I didn't say Mesa was the only company to be like this - there's no need to get hyper-defensive when it IS true regarding Mesa's being overpriced outside of the States.

Part of the reason for the higher prices is the European VAT tax (almost 20% now).

American dealers don't get to discount, either (unless they are the 800 lb gorilla).

I made a call to the company that imports Boogies and found out that the listid prices minus 35% are the prices the shops pay without tax.

Thats why most shops give you around 5% and no more on an new boogie.

Boogie has to live. the company that imports boogie has to live and the store where you buy your boogie has to live...

And thats the reason why you live... to make other people happy and prolong their lives! :)

I have a second hand '92 Mark IV.

I paid about €1400 for it here, that's almost what you pay for em new in the states.

and yeas, the VAT taxes here in The Netherlands are 19%.
that's why most Dutch people buy stuff in germany(13% VAT).

Boogiebabies said:
Defensive? I was being humorous. A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat, say no more, say no more.

Now I will be defensive to you.

Sorry, the internet is like an overly distorted guitar amplifier - you can hear the basic note, but all the nuances are dead. Intention is easily lost over the net, my misunderstanding.

thelordofcheesecake said:
Boogiebabies said:
Defensive? I was being humorous. A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat, say no more, say no more.

Now I will be defensive to you.

Sorry, the internet is like an overly distorted guitar amplifier - you can hear the basic note, but all the nuances are dead. Intention is easily lost over the net, my misunderstanding.

I am of Welsh decent and I pull for Chelsea. :D

What did Patton say. We are two people seperated by a common language.

Latest posts

Back