Mesa Boogie - Nomad 100 - Footswitch problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luria

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm having troubles with my amp. It has been working well like 8 years but suddenly and without any changes (it has not been moved from the studio) the footswitch stopped working.

The lights in the footswitch work normally (looks like the channel is changing) but the amp is stuck on the channel 2.

I can still switch the channel from the rear channel selection knob.

A friend of mine with a Dual Rectifier is facing almost the same problem, bu I cant find any info of people having this issue.

I even dismantled the amp but everything looks fine, no burned resistors or jiggling connections...

Has anyone of you know what is happening? Could it be the cable? Any way to test it?

Thanks in advance.

Do any of the other functions on the foot-switch work? Is the issue limited to channel selection?

Now that you mention it, no, solo switch does not work, neither does the eq switch. The lights do go on off though...

The footswitch stopped working and you dismantled the amp? Did you take apart the footswitch enclosure? Considering it's whole life is being stepped on I suspect either a switch has died or a solder joint on the switch has come loose. Open it up and have a look. If it's a blown switch it's an easy replacement, I think you'd need a dpdt latching.

I agree with @JustPassingThrough, if the amp is respondingf to nothing on the foots-witch, I would first wonder if something has died or shaken loose in it. Since it light up, the cable is at least (partly) okay.

Hi there.

It was the cable. I checked for pin continuity and it failed in several pins. Bought a standard DIN-7 pin around 20€ and now everything works, even reverb, solo and eq switch buttons.

So if someone has a similar problem, check the freacking cable...

Thanks for the help guys.

Latest posts

Back