Mesa/Boogie namplate

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck11976

Reaction score
Does anyone know where and how I can get a Mesa/Boogie nameplate for my Mark III head? I just bought this head off of a friend and the nameplate is scratched and bent. I removed the head from the wood shell and it was dated 2/87. Anyone know what "stripe" that would be? The power chord has been replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

chuck11976 said:
Does anyone know where and how I can get a Mesa/Boogie nameplate for my Mark III head? I just bought this head off of a friend and the nameplate is scratched and bent. I removed the head from the wood shell and it was dated 2/87. Anyone know what "stripe" that would be? The power chord has been replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

Call mesa:707-778-6565
Nameplate is easily purchased through them for not much money. Rich has it on the way already... haha

How can i tell what stripe this amp is? The power chord is replaced but its from Feb. 1987.

chuck11976 said:
How can i tell what stripe this amp is? The power chord is replaced but its from Feb. 1987.
The color stripes are found on the rear face of the chassis directly above the power cord. If there is no stripe, then you have might have a "no stripe", which I believe is the same as a black stripe. These were the first version of the Mark III, but the Feb 1987 date would suggest a later version. Calling Mesa might be your best bet.

Also see this:
http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html

gts said:
chuck11976 said:

Frank he's asked this same question in different threads. Not sure if he's read the responses or if he has maybe doesn't read them very well. Sorry not trying to be a wise-*** but I find it a little annoying when the same question is asked by the same person over and over again in different threads which they've started.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35749

Trust us Chuck! Your questions will be answered but you have to be patient and READ the responses and follow the links provided (And READ the info found in those links!).
Thanks George.

Back