Mesa/Boogie Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry

Reaction score
Had an email from my friend at mesa this morning and as i mentioned earlier last week, he said keep you eye on the mesa site this week . He said Im going to freak and that they've been very busy . We all know whats coming and he eluded to more things on the horizon . Exciting times indeed

Dude, did you bother to see any of the 5-10 posts already with multiple pages on this matter?

Elixir said:
Dude, did you bother to see any of the 5-10 posts already with multiple pages on this matter?
Dude, I sure did . I was just letting the doubters know from an inside source that I have .

Thanks for the info, I will be checking the site DAILY WOOT. yeah on these forums there are probably 10 threads on Mark V but who cares, its exciting times and I cant wait to see this baby come into the market. TY for the update bro.

Thank you again for the info, Barry!

I remember your speculations on this matter from over 6 months back. Seems you were dead on! :D

I was aksed not to mention anything really when I first got the news two years ago ! I will reveal the sources when its released . It was amazing the way i was told about it .

Like I just posted in another thread in modern amps - I see the Mark V, TransAxis, and Stiletto Jack being intro'd. The trademarks for "Tude" and a few other things on the Mesa site sound like modes for the Stiletto Jack. I think it'll be a very aggressive brit-style amp. I need to get this off my chest for once though - MARK V should be in modern amps. Quit bickering. The RKII has a vintage mode on the 2 hi-gain channels, but is it in vintage amps? NO.

You may be on the money about the other amps being introduced . In the email I got this morning it made a slight reference to other things on the near horizon so maybe some more things will appear tomorrow . Keep your eyes on the mesa site tomorrow and friday . I think all of your questions and assumptions will be answered . :D

no jack, no axis. jack was a 4xel84 stiletto. who knows maybe they'll put it out eventually. LSS power section with stiletto preamp :twisted:

Isn't the Express ELx84s as well? That's a tastier flavored hi-gain than the LoneStar in my op. I've only screwed with a LS a little bit and it's not heavy enough (obviously). But this Jack sounds like a winner!

I'll be at NAMM on Saturday. Hopefully Saturday I'll have MKV pics. I'll be sure to get close ups if I can. The Mesa booth is pretty small and they really don't demo stuff to much so I doubt I'll have any reports on how it sounds.

Scott :p

Right on cue . I will now tell my sources now for knowing about the mark V. I have been an exclusive Mesa player since 1980 and have developed a friendship with several mesa employees over the years , in particular Steve Mueller . When he found out that i was attending the 2007 NAMM show he set up a meeting for me to meet and talk with Randall Smith . When I met him he thanked me for being so loyal to them and then pulled out a piece of paper showing his ideas for the mark V and asked my opinion ! I see that some of the original plan made it to the final product . Steve told me that he was surprised that randy did that and asked me to keep it a secret . These guys are really a big family and have treated me like royalty over the years . Im quite happy to stay loyal to someone like that . Hope you all enjoy the mark V .

good job, Barry! Sounds like your influence was good. 8)

kiff said:
good job, Barry! Sounds like your influence was good. 8)
I dont claim to have influence . I think they listen to players and try to incorporate what people are asking for .
DSC00639.jpg

Latest posts

Back