Mesa Boogie Mark V in Europe [price inside]

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sepsis

Reaction score
To those interested: in guitare-playback there's this page http://guitare.playback-europe.com/mesa_boogie-mark_five_head-53746.html
The price is 2511 € (£ 2362) :D Good news!

[Didn't find anything using search, if it's been mentioned before delete it]

sepsis said:
To those interested: in guitare-playback there's this page http://guitare.playback-europe.com/mesa_boogie-mark_five_head-53746.html
The price is 2511 € (£ 2362) :D Good news!

Mmm...the price is not so high, in my opinion... :wink:

parvulesco said:
In the US, Mesas come with a 5-year warranty.

Really? Mmmm...in the USA you have the strongest consumers associations in the world (lawyers too), so you can obtain this strong warranty...you're lucky! :D

Wow, great news, I was expecting a higher price. This means I can probably afford one! 8)

joshwilson3 said:
That would be $3259 USD.

Doesn't really work like that, if we here in Europe wanted to import one from USA for $2000, with shipping, taxes and fees, the price would be exactly the same. This is really GOOD NEWS, best EU-price I've ever seen on a new Mesa amp.

zenabI said:
Doesn't really work like that
and how it works? tc electronic is an european company and their prices for europe are higher than prices for US.. :idea: I think that something is going wrong and not my math :lol:
but maybe shipping from china/taiwan/korea to US is cheaper than shipping to europe :mrgreen:

and how it works? tc electronic is an european company and their prices for europe are higher than prices for US.. :idea: I think that something is going wrong and not my math :lol:
but maybe shipping from china/taiwan/korea to US is cheaper than shipping to europe :mrgreen:

My guess would be that the difference in price is due to higher tariffs and/or taxes. It works the same way here but to a *much* lesser extent. Boogie sets a price and then every state adds its own tax on to the sale, different states have different percentages. Obviously it isn't anywhere *near* the discrepancy found in Europe, but I would bet that there are some *heavy* taxes on this **** over there.

edgarallanpoe said:
My guess would be that the difference in price is due to higher tariffs and/or taxes. It works the same way here but to a *much* lesser extent. Boogie sets a price and then every state adds its own tax on to the sale, different states have different percentages. Obviously it isn't anywhere *near* the discrepancy found in Europe, but I would bet that there are some *heavy* taxes on this sh!t over there.
but I dont think it'll make about 1000Euros or dollars difference compared to the US prices. Boogies are little bit overpriced in Europe, maybe because boutique hype arroud them in Europe :)

but I dont think it'll make about 1000Euros or dollars difference compared to the US prices. Boogies are little bit overpriced in Europe, maybe because boutique hype arroud them in Europe :)

I don't know how much the tariff is, but it is an interesting point. I am also not sure if Canada has a different price, if that is the case then I am wondering what the hell NAFTA was for? LOL!!! I thought everything between the US, Canada, and Mexico was tariff free.

You guys over in Europe are tax happy, so while it might not be 1000 euro, I'll bet it is pretty **** close. Hell...*someone* has to pay for all that *free* health care...right? LOL!!!!

4Eyes said:
zenabI said:
Doesn't really work like that

Did you deliberately ignored the rest of my comment, or did you just miss it?

TC Electronics EU prices aren't higher than the USA prices for us europeans. Read my comment again and read the the whole.

edgarallanpoe said:

I am wondering what the hell NAFTA was for? LOL!!! I thought everything between the US, Canada, and Mexico was tariff free.

Its only useful meaning is that US and Canadian co. can pay Mexican salaries to their employees :shock: period.

I'm expecting the Aussie prices for the Mark V to be over A$5000.
That's what Mesa charge here for any of the Rectos.
Even when the our $$ was worth 97 cents a few months ago. Mesa didn't change their prices.
And we have the Aust/US Free trade agreement too.
Means there's only a 10% GST add on for anything made in the US worth over $1000.
Will be interesting to see what Mesa do here with the Mark V.

UK store Andertons have the Mark V on their online store now. Their price is £2,249 for the head, £2399 for the 1x12.
http://www.andertons.co.uk/Electric-Guitar-Amps/pid15440/cid557/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-V-Medium-Head.asp

There have also been pretty major price increase for 2009 on Mesa/Boogies this year in the UK market. You can use google cache to compare, but for example, Andertons price on a Roadster head has gone from £1999 -> £2199. Thats a 10% increase.
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:u5kDJZVUJLkJ:www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_2RS3XB.html+mesa+boogie+roadster&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=uk
http://www.andertons.co.uk/Electric-Guitar-Amps/pid10356/cid557/Mesa+Boogie+Roadster+Head.asp

Latest posts

Back