Mesa Boogie Mark llB Coliseum Series 300 advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countmarco

Reaction score
Hello Comrades.
New on here seeking your wisdom.
I'm looking into selling my Mesa Boogie Mark llB Coliseum Series 300. Hard to accept letting go of my old beast but never use it anymore, selling in order to supplement funding studio gear I'm buying.
Bought it custom direct from Mesa back in 1982, still have all documentation, schematics, correspondence with Randall Smith.
Definitely seen its share of live action but just had check up by my amp tech and its's in fine condition. All original except for Sovetk 6L6 tubes that went in sometime 'round 1990. Absolute beast, used to blast three 4x12 cabs and not even break a sweat.
Know there were 336 of these made in Mark llB (and supposedly no more than 500 series 300's total).
Probably going to put it up on eBay soon. I've seen prices for vintage Boogie heads vary wildly from hundreds to thousands, and haven't seen a 300 available for comparisons sake (probably no owner wants to sell them)!

Any estimates, feedback, suggestions, will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.
-Marco

MB_S300_front.jpg

MB_S300_back.jpg

MB_S300_docs.jpg

Does yours have reverb?

These are rare but I don't think they'll demand a high market value. Likely less that you think you would get.

Well unless you are planning to sell fit for a steal, I don't know if its worth selling.

That's why I'm keeping mine. Maybe use it for occasion bass when jamming with friends when we don't have a bassist.

I use mine to knock birds out of sky. :lol:

I agree with RR, Marco. I wouldn't let her go - especially being the original owner its got to have alot of sentimental value to you. Also as RR said, they're not too easy to find but probably wouldn't sell for anywheres near what you'd expect. All around, not really worth letting go. My 2?

Latest posts

Back