Mesa Boogie Mark IV Riff

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaManBoogie

Reaction score
Here is quick vid of Boogie Mark IV, Metal Riff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Vy96nKk1g

I posted it this vid for a 30 sec riff contest on Youtube by Rob Chappers
PLease watch, rate and comment if you can.
And also let me know how the boogie sounds, i just dailed this tone, Im using my Schecter Hellraiser.
Thanks.

chuck steak said:
needs mids and alot less distortion, i couldn't tell what you were playing

I disagree with chuck steak. Your style is much different than mine, but I can appreciate your playing and tone. Sounds very good to me, I like the saturation and I think your riff sounds appropriate given the style of music. Makes me wish I had a guitar with humbuckers so I could push my Mark IV into the kind of saturation you've got going in your clip. I say well done.

MarkofXlnts said:
chuck steak said:
needs mids and alot less distortion, i couldn't tell what you were playing

I disagree with chuck steak. Your style is much different than mine, but I can appreciate your playing and tone. Sounds very good to me, I like the saturation and I think your riff sounds appropriate given the style of music. Makes me wish I had a guitar with humbuckers so I could push my Mark IV into the kind of saturation you've got going in your clip. I say well done.

Thanks MarkofXlnts,

I've been trying to dial a decent tone out my MarkIV, but I have four guitars with different pickups so it makes it difficult.
But I love the tone with this guitar, it sounds better in person too .

I do think it would sound better with not necessarily a cleaner tone but a clearer one...you can get away with that much bass using that cab without it becoming flubby, but I do think a little less gain/drive, tiny bit more mid range, tiny bit more treble (2200 on the graphic) and less bass (again, on the graphic) and it'd sound a whole lot better. The thing about the Mark IV is that it can produce that saturated tone without having to go overboard on the gain - that's the beauty of it, you can still hear the guitar, you can still hear the tone, but it's backed up by a wall of gain. It's what separates a Boogie from a Marshall. You've just gotta dial it in right - you coulda got that sound out of any number of amps, I don't think you're taking advantage of the trump card a Boogie permits you.

Back