Mesa Boogie Mark III What Striple is it ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ancalagon

Reaction score
Hi, i have two questions:
First What Striple is my Mark III :
Obraz%2520078.jpg

Obraz%2520123.jpg

Sorry for efects in the foto. Led is blue, but i think every Marks III have blue led, or arent they ?
And second questrion, i have Ibanez RGT3120 with Dimarzio Super 3 and i think amp have too much mid, and not enough gain.
But i think i will change when i plug in OD808 for boot. Is that will give me more gain ?
Sorry for bad English i'm write from Poland.

Your amp is a no stripe/black dot MKIII. Probably with the "105" power transformer. NB the 105 runs on 117Volts, make sure your outlet is 117, or use a stepdown transformer if Poland has 230/240V Power system.

The Dimarzio Super 3 is a very midoriented pickup, so but you shoud be able to dial out the mids with the GEQ, but I would recommend a super distortion before modding the amp.
About gain, you could have bad preamp tubes, these amps has TONS of gain.

my 2c

BTW Nice amp and Good luck.
Tony

I use transformer, i wont like mod this amp. What preamp tubes do you recomend ? 12AX7WB ? Sovtek, JJ, EH ?
I had Express before Mark III and i used only Sovtek tubes. I will change pickup, but i think about SD SH-6 or Dimarzio Super Distortion.
Thx for help :)
Now in preamp are Sovtek 12AX7LPS, and i have one Grove Tube 12AX7, which tube is responsible of Gain ? Mayby i ll change one tube.

I like the Mesa branded 12ax7-c but that's highly subjective, but they have great amount of gain.
If I remember correctly tube 2 and 3 serves the lead gain stage, and replace one at a time is the right way to go.

Back