• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Boogie Heartbreaker Amp-Mint!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
Heartbreakerfullfrontclose.jpg

Here is a Mesa Boogie Heartbreaker 2x12 combo that I own with red/maroon vinyl and cane grill cloth (like all those cool old hardwood Boogies). Both the cab and grill are in mint condition. No rips, tears, dents, etc.

The sound of the Heartbreaker is very open and full with great crunch and sweet cleans. The Heartbreaker is very versatile with quite a few options for changing the ‘character’ of the amp (rectifier select, tweed variac, bold/curvaceous, preamp select (clean/gain on ch 1, tweed/plexi on ch 2), 6L6 or EL34 or 6V6, etc).

This amp has only been used in my non-smoking homes and home volumes (speakers haven’t been pushed). I used it with 6V6’s (great warm low-volume power tube overdrive) and occasionally el-34’s for British crunch. I’ve put new Mesa 6L6’s back in about a year ago, the 6L6’s are unused, and those 6L6’s sound great!!!!).

Comes with original channel footswitch, cover, casters and power cord and a generic footswitch for the reverb on/off.

I have not used this much at all in last few months and I will be selling most of my electric guitars and accessories in the next few months.

Here’s what Mesa has to say about the Heartbreaker

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out...reakerinfo.html

-------- Want more info from me? ------

The Mesa Heartbreaker was a limited production amp commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Boogie Mark I. The Heartbreaker was used by Carlos Santana and Randall Smith (Mesa founder) used one as his personal amp.

The Heartbreaker is a 2 channel amp with low/hi gain setting for each channel and a number of ways to re-configure sections of the amp.

Channels

* Channel 1 is switchable between Boogie Clean and Boogie hi-gain and there’s even a hi-gain ‘boost’ for liquid, singing gain.
* Channel 2 switches between a Fender Tweed breaking up and a vintage Marshall Plexi.

Modes

* Tweed variac: Full power is clean crisp and punchy, Tweed drops the power without lowering tube heater voltages and damaging tube filaments (like using a real variac). This gives you a warm crunchy sound, tubes (pre and power) break up earlier. This is a nice way to get the power amp to overdrive. Van Halen used a variac to dial in is sound, I’ve seen photos of Robben Ford using a variac.
* Rectifier select: The tube rectifier gives you a more vintage ‘spongy’ sound, this rectifier can’t always keep up with your immediate power demands (play quiet then hit some hard chords) and the sound can become ‘spongy’ and compressed. The silicone diode rectifier solves the problem and always keeps up with your power demands, this is a tighter more modern sound.
* Bold/Curvaceous: Not sure how to describe, it has to be experienced. I’ll just say this setting depends on your mood and can subtly change the feel to fit your mood. Think of it as a ‘laid back’/aggressive switch.

Tube switching

* 6L6 – Traditional boogie tube, great full, bouncy Fender’ish cleans, tight smooth high gain.
* EL34 – Adds a British sound and overdrive, Mesa rep says it gives a Dumble-esque quality.

6V6 – My absolute favorite for the Hartbreaker and Mark IV. Low power, warm, smoothest highs, with a tiny bit of raspiness. If you’re looking for loud sounds at reasonable volumes this is THE tube. If you’re a blues or roots rock player, 6V6’s will make you smile and smile and smile!

Versatility

* Put a switchable EQ in the effects loop (just the a Boogie MKII thru MKIV). Scoop the mids on the EQ and switch in some high-gain modern sounds!

Price is $1150 + shipping. Pm me if you would like more photos or any other information. I will be listing this on ebay in the next week if it does not sell here.

Thanks for looking

It is also on Ebay
https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...e=MyeBaySelling&MyeBay=&guest=1&pageType=1883

how can you be posting this today when it's on ebay and has a bid on it yesterday?? now at 2 bids...
I know I've been watching it and have been thinking about it all week...

I have $ going towards a tremoverb head....otherwise....I'd take that beautiful combo!!

I posted it here to refer to the ebay auction. If that is not the correct thing to do i will delete the thread. I apologize if this has caused any confusion. Its a great amp and worth more than $1150.

no need to apologize my friend...it's a free world..and hell it's your amp,and a gorgeous one at that..
I was just figuring you already had bidders so it's technically sold..
I'll keep watchin,,,I'd love it for my studio,,the color combo is killer,,and I love the wicker cane grill..sexy!!

Take care!!

Back