• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Boogie Coliseum 300

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarhaus

Reaction score
Hey GUys:
I got a chance to buy a Mesa Boogie Coliseum 300 (rackmount), The one with 12 power tubes !!! ...I cant find much information on these units at all. I believe its about 200 watts a side, any information and/or how much are they worth would really be helpful....... Thx

I dont know much about them, but I do know they were specifically made for touring musicians playing massive arenas and stadiums, which is why not very many were built.

That amp might be too much for even a regular practice!!!

The Coliseum 300 Delivers Big Block Torque. Twelve 6L6s recreate all the heinous glory of two Triple Rectifier Solo Heads in one four space rack. Over 200 crushing watts of ugly attitude (per channel) keep high-gain crunch tight and focused even at volumes that are loud, Loud, LOUD. Tutored by SmartPowerTM, Half Drive tames this beast, making its wild horse-power more manageable. Combining Deep and Modern is the catalyst for recreating the explosive sound of the Triple Rec's Red Channel...the sickest sound in metal. Not a tool for the timid or faint-of-heart, the Power of Aggression gives it the Right to Rule and Crowns the 300 the King of Coliseum Crunch.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of _Production/Coliseum_300/coliseum_300.html

Also check page 3 in this link.

http://www.jedistar.com/pdf/Mesa Boogie 1999_reference_guide.-3.pdf

Ultimate in Mesa Boogie clean headroom for guitar. This power amp would run a wall of 4x12 cabs. ****, I need one. :twisted:

Has to be heavier than a house though. My stage rig runs through an old Mesa power amp running 4 tubes per side at 95 watts. It is in its own 4 space rack and its like carrying a truck.

Buy this amp!!!!!!

I saw one in the Mesa Hollywood store in 2000! Freakin sick looking amp! I really wanted one.

:lol: Nigel Tuffnel's amp might go to 11, but the Coliseum will go to INFINITY! :lol:

You might post this in the Rack forum or the Modern Amps forum. You would be way more likely to get some responses. Surely someone here has one.

I would say get it if the price is good. They might just end up being worth a lot one day!

...Just wanted to say thanks for the quick replies that I recieved to this post. I am still at a loss for a basic price that these go for but I agree that there isn't much information about these on the internet either. I have always used VHT or Marshall but since I soley use a TriAxis preamp anymore I have been curious if they have that "ole Magic" that I've heard they have together.
Again thanks........

guitarhaus

Back