Mesa/Boogie 5 Band EQ Footage Released!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on the 5B-EQ wagon too. Ordered it a lunch time today though Sweetwater. Surely the Mark Series amps would be lost without it and so is my RA100. Also have a Roadster on the way so why not get the 5B-EQ. I will find out soon how it sounds in the loop. I was considering the Flux Drive EQ but opted for just the EQ.

Though the Dynamic Voice on my TriAxis does what I want it to, the idea of having an actual Mesa 5-band that I can tweak myself seems very appealing. If only it weren't so criminally expensive... :evil:

One other thing; I'm guessing you could you run this in series, and not in the FX loop? Between the TriAxis outputs and the 2:90 inputs?

It did not take long to get since it is in stock. I got it two days after ordering it.
How it sounds in the RA100 Loop, in the v pattern and the input and output settings centered, sound great. I love having the ability to shape the tone after the gain stages. Really works great with the Hi/Lo gain channel. On the flip side, the clean channel is deep to start with. I will have to experiment with it a bit more. So far I like it. I will have to try it on the front end to hear the difference. My consider the flux drive version.

Wow, they are charging $130 over USA costs for the 5 band eq? Something not right there. Flux drive version is only $55 over and the throttle box is $53 over. Looks like the better deals are for the Flux drive and throttle box. You are getting gouged on the standard.

What makes even less sense is the fact that on the Mesa store, the EQ is $50 cheaper. I hope it's a typo, though I doubt thomann, one of the biggest and most respected stores in the EU, would have a "typo" in their price.

bandit2013 said:
You are getting gouged on the standard.

This is nothing, actually. It's "just" a 55% increase (181€ US price vs. 279€ here). It's to cover customs (5%), shipping (10% absolute max for a company) and VAT (20%), you see :lol:

Wanna see some real "chainsaw dildo league" assrape?

Here, a new Mark V head costs 2975€, which is a whopping $4000. In the US, the same amp is $2249, which equates to 1635€. That, my friends, is an extra 80%!!! :evil:

When I was out shopping for a Mesa amp, after I had seen the prices here, I actually did some math and phoned my tech and some customs authorities for shits and giggles for info on customs and shipping prices, and came to the following conclusion. I order, for example, a RoadKing II from a store in the US that is willing to ship to my country directly (at the time, I found Rainbow Guitars). I pay the following costs: shipping, customs, EU VAT. Then, in order to use my amp normally in a 220V zone without any peripherals or worry, I also buy a replacement tranny and pay a tech to install it. Final price paid? 2800€. Price of a new RoadKing II, you ask? Are you sitting down? Not drinking anything? Sure? 3600€. I would save 800€ by doing the above.

I am sorry, I know this is blatantly off-topic, but I want to post this any place I can until maybe, some day, the nitwits at Mesa figure out that there's a difference between "protecting your home market" (or whatever their pathetic excuse for this overt fraud is), and "being a dick". :x

Keep in mind that a product that is built for the sole purpose of export is subject to many more fees and taxes that the manufacturer has zero control over. That is why you can buy the American version and ship it cheaper that purchasing the product from the export side.
Mesa simply is forced to follow the rules.

Touché. I checked out some Peavey prices to compare, and they're the same, in a way even more absurd (a new 6505 for 720€ vs. 1250€ here). Those must be some crazy taxes. Replace "Mesa" in my previous rant with "US amp brands", I guess? :oops:

Meanwhile, a Marshall JVM410H here costs 1279€. In the US - $2399, equivalent to 1763€. A 35% increase. ENGL Fireball 100, 1250€. US price 1660€. A 32% increase.

Either way you look at it, it's effed up and there shouldn't be such a monster discrepancy.

Anyway, this is turning into an economy debate, hardly a topic for guitar forums. :)

Latest posts

Back