Mesa Boogie 1x12 Thiele vs Genz Benz G-Flez 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mexirican

Reaction score
So, like many of you, I'm looking to downsize my gear...sort of. I have 3 4x12s. Yes, I know. No need for all of that but that's besides the point. Anyways, I'm selling 1 of the 4x12s and looking to get either the Genz Benz of the Boogie Thiele. Anyone have any experience with these two cabs. I've read a bunch of threads praising both of them but cant find anything comparing the 2 of them. I found both cabs used for about the same price so just looking for advice on their sound. I play in a metal band so I'll be using the 4x12s for that. The smaller cab will be more for home use and maybe small venues.

If this is in the wrong section, please let me know. I'm playing through a Boogie Triple Rec so that's why I chose this section.

Yes. I know that already. Both of their technical specs are very accessible on the web. Looking for opinions on their sound in low to moderate volumes.

I have 2 recto 4x12s that I use for band practice/live shows. (Only 1 live) I'm looking for a small 1x12 or 2x12 cab that I can jam with at home. It probably would help to say that my Triple Rec is staying at the practice space and I'll be using a Line 6 POD HD 500X and an Electro Harmonix 44-magnum for the small speaker at home. So a low wattage speaker is fine.

Back