Mesa + BB Preamp = Awesomeness

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iceman63 said:
Pyro,
What is your setup running the BB into the F50? ie; what channel, gain settings on the amp and pedal, etc. I have an F50, but also just picked up a TA-15 that I would'nt mind giving a little more sizzle at times.

The amp was on channel 2 with the contour on. Gain at 1 o'clock, treble at 11 o'clock, middle at 10 o'clock and bass at 1 o'clock. Reverb off.

The pedal was gain at 10 o'clock, volume at 10 o'clock, treble at 11 o'clock and bass 12 o'clock.

+1 on the MXR Zakk Wylde pedal! Transformed my Tremoverb into a lead monster! Played this amp on the Blues channel for 15yrs and only twice a nite I would use the vintage hi gain but now with the Zw pedal, I freakin LOVE the Modern hi gain! It was too fuzzy and thin for me and this pedal transformed my whole thinking of a Dual Rectifier! If ya wanna spend the extra $ for a boutique pedal, then go for it! But my MXR Zakk pedal eats up my original TS9! I'm sure the BB is good though but I'm sooo totally satisfied with the MXR!

Latest posts

Back