Mesa 2x12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kham

Reaction score
On the newer 2x12 cab what speakers come stock? Also what are used prices on them? I just got one looks brande new for $200 and it has V30s wanted to know if i got a good deal.

Those cabs are going for about $400 used in good condition. I know because I have been seeing them all over for that in my search for an older halfback. V30's are typical.

i had a buddy who measured my 2x21 recto cab, and built one. total cost was just a little over 200. 200 of it being V30's.

Which 212 are talking about?If you are talking about the vertical 212 recto it really doesn't worth the price. for few hundreds more, you have a 412 which is really a huge sound improvement compared to the 212.

Don't even consider looking at this one.
Better off with a 412 Standard

it was the horizontal cab, and the general consensus Among my friends, and a few forums i've been on is that a 2x12 often sounds better than a 4x12. I didn't care for the sound of a buddies 4x12 recto cab when i plugged my head into it. However i didn't try tweaking my amp for the cab, the initial sound turned me off to much.

This thing is personal I think but I bought 212 and a kept it 3 weeks before going for a 412. I was always asking for more when I heard the 212. Like as if the sound wasn't complete, there was this thunderings low ends missing.

But, this is purely a matter of taste I think ( of money too...).

Latest posts

Back