Mesa 2x12 3/4-back; what do you think about it!??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andershoeg

Reaction score
I am looking at this cab, thinking it is rather small for a 2x12, compared to e.g. a marshall 1936. But would love to get rid of my marshall 4x12, as it is a pretty heavy cab.
I'm just looking for opinions/first-hand-knowledge about the mesa 2x12 3/4-back, as it is a lovely looking little beast. The plan is to use it with a single recto in a hard-rock-band-sit.
So; what's your opinions!?

B.R. andershoeg

I would think good for cleans, but would prefer a closed-back where more gain is used in a hard rock situation.

i have one and love it. it is NOT a cab for metal tho. get the 2x12 recto cab if you are playing metal and the 2x12 3/4 back for everything else.

jbird said:
I would think good for cleans, but would prefer a closed-back where more gain is used in a hard rock situation.

Thanks jbird. I use gain most of the time, not chugga-chugga-distortion, but a fair amount of "rock-gain". Cleans i do sometimes, but my main-sound is overdriven straight-ahead rock/hard-rock.

b.r. andershoeg

never-enough said:
i have one and love it. it is NOT a cab for metal tho. get the 2x12 recto cab if you are playing metal and the 2x12 3/4 back for everything else.

Hi never-enough. good to hear you're happy with yours! I'm not planning on playing metal with it, but i do play some mean rocksounds though. Don't know, guess I'll have to try it out. Just don't think the recto is for me. If I'm doing it, it is going to replace a 4x12 marshall 1960a, but I'm a little worried about the projection. I mean, it is a small cab, and not very high. And I don't want a lot of boxes under it to get it up from the floor. Then i will have to bring the boxes with me, and all of a sudden it takes as much room as my 4x12.
Do you raise your cab, or is it fine by the floor? And what about projection?

B.R. andershoeg

Latest posts

Back