Mesa 2:fifty stereo to 2x12 Rectifier Vertical Slant

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miki777

Reaction score
Hi ... i've heard that it is possible to rewire Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Vertical Slant Guitar Cabinet and add a stereo plate ( does anyone knows where to get it ? ) so that it can be used in stereo ?

Im planning to buy a 2x12 cabinet and i have sold my 4x12 Marshall cabinet because it is too big to carry around :) and considering Mesa 2x12 cabinet, but i see that they only have mono 2x12 cabinets ...

Is it safe then to connect my mesa stereo 2:fifty amp to rewired cabinet ? Mesa vertical slant is 8 ohms mono, and if I rewire it, it will be 16 ohms each side ?

I'm little confused :)

thanx

crane said:
Why don't you buy two 1x12 ?

I have stereo amp ... and I would like to use it's both channels but 4x12 is too big for me ... so i'm considering 2x12 ... but again recto 2x12 is mono box ...

Doesn't the vertical recto cab have two jacks on the back?

I have a horizontal Recto cab, and it's got the input jack and an "extension" jack. If that's the case with yours, simply disconnect the "extension" jack from the input jack and wire each to a separate speaker. Each jack will now be 16 ohm (provided you had an 8-ohm cab to begin with).

miki777 said:
crane said:
Why don't you buy two 1x12 ?

I have stereo amp ... and I would like to use it's both channels but 4x12 is too big for me ... so i'm considering 2x12 ... but again recto 2x12 is mono box ...
Yes, stereo. That's why I said TWO 1x12" :roll:

I have two 1X12 rectifier with my Triaxis+50/50 rig and it totally rips. Easier to carry that a 2X12, and it has 33% more volume inside then a 2X12 if you calculate. It sounds bigger and you can also put the cabs away from each other to get a real crazy stereo effect. Your stereo effects will really move a lot of air and be easier to hear. Also it's more then enough to fill a stage.

Latest posts

Back