Mesa 2:90 Poweramp convert 117v to 230v

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydesg

Reaction score
Hi guys,
below is an image of the wiring for my 2:90 poweramp.
Is it an export transformer?
aaabq.jpg

I would like to rewire the amp to work in 230v mode.
I notice that there are 4 taps for the white wire, 100,117, 230 and 240.

do I unsolder the white wire and shift it to the adjacent 230v tap excluding the 100v tap above it? for 230v mode indicated on the pcb?
currently the white wire is wired to 117+240 taps.

I would need to replace all fuses to support 230v.
let say its 6.5A for one of the fuse, do I change it to a 3.5A fuse?

Thanks!

Sorry, you don't have an export transformer, so you can't rewire it for 230V. What you see on the board is the 100/230v input for the 100v tap on the domestic transformer, and the 117/240V input for the same reason. The export transformer has Black, white, and white/yellow primaries. You have the domestic version with Black, white, and white/brown primaries.

Thanks.
The green, yellow, brown red wires above connected to the connector are wires from the transformer.

Any chance it being an export?

you can get an external step down transformer and leave the amp unchanged.

hydesg said:
Thanks.
The green, yellow, brown red wires above connected to the connector are wires from the transformer.

Any chance it being an export?

Nope, the multi-colored wires are the Secondaries, and supply power to the amp. These do not change. The three wires to the right are the primaries, which supply power to the transformer. If it were an export, the white wire with a brown stripe would be a yellow stripe instead.

Latest posts

Back