Mesa 2:100 problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilt

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for some advice on what's up with my 2:100 power amp.

I hooked it up today after about a month of not being used, and when I switched it out of standby it's still sitting at the same volume I last used it at (which is pretty loud!), even though I have the volume knobs completely turned down. Any ideas on what would cause this? I've check all my connections, tried different guitars, cables, and even double checked to make sure I wasn't mistaking the presence control for volume. I can only turn the volume louder from where it is...the tubes are all glowing consistently - I'm not a tech, so I don't have a clue where to start!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Neil

Are you plugged into the normal inputs or the Recto Preamp inputs? If I remember correctly, the Recto input bypass the volume knobs on the power amp.

Actually, I was at first...but even after I moved them to the normal inputs it still did the same. I'm going to play around with it some more this evening, and see if I can get it to work before contacting a repair tech. It's just off warranty too...go figure.

Solved!

I took a uneducated guess and replaced the V1 preamp tube with the extra 12AX7 that came with my Mark IV. Worked perfectly! I'm guessing it's unusual that one of these would go on a power amp. It's also a lot less noisy than before. Sweet!!!

Latest posts

Back