Mesa 2:100 problem. Help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikeymike said:
again with this said:
To each their own brother.

Maybe other manufacturers "screen" their parts with more scrutiny. I could only guess.

I get the impression that all pots are going to be off in a certain range. IMO, I would rather have that imbalance in the higher, less usable range (at least for me). Call Mesa. I bet they will help you out.

I hope you can resolve your volume issues to your liking.

Hey thanks. I just had a thought, maybe other preamps are dual volume pots for their outputs? I think I will call them tomorrow and ask for a good pot. Thanks again.

Let the board know how it all works out for you. I am happy to help in any way I can being close to the Mother Ship.

again with this said:
Let the board know how it all works out for you. I am happy to help in any way I can being close to the Mother Ship.

Hey thanks man you rock! Out of curiosity what tubes do you suggest for the Rec Pre? Mine had all mesa "russian 2" tubes in it but I bought a SPAX7A and a 12ax7 from mesa so now those are in the v3 and v4 slots (channel 2 gain and tone control slots). What is the difference between the 12ax7 you get from mesa now and the "russian 2" ones?

I guess I could order a whole bunch of them and just roll them.

mikeymike said:
again with this said:

Hey thanks man you rock! Out of curiosity what tubes do you suggest for the Rec Pre? Mine had all mesa "russian 2" tubes in it but I bought a SPAX7A and a 12ax7 from mesa so now those are in the v3 and v4 slots (channel 2 gain and tone control slots). What is the difference between the 12ax7 you get from mesa now and the "russian 2" ones?

I guess I could order a whole bunch of them and just roll them.

You know? I have the stock tubes in my pre and Mesa 12AX7 and 6L6s in the power amp. Sorry, not much help there.

Side note... I loaded my 5150 with Tung Sol 12AX7s and wow what a difference. Almost sounds boosted or something. Honestly, not sure if I like them or not. They definately take away the "glassyness" of the 5150 sound.

Now that you have me thinking about it, I think I'll take some EL34s to band practice tonight and see how they go...

Latest posts

Back