MC90 speakers and Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovetuber

Reaction score
I am just curious as to how people would describe the Mesa Boogie MC90 speakers? How are they different than the EV speakers and has anyone had experience with them in a Mark III Blue Stripe?

That's the combination I play through every weekend. Always get compliments on my tone. Email me at [email protected] and I'll give you a link to our demo so that you can hear some sound clips. It's a cheesy wedding band but at least the guitar tone is good.

I have a blue stripe 60w with an MC90. It sounds good. The 90s are flatter than Vintage 30s. I am actually running the combo along with another mc90 and it sounds great now (even though the other speaker is in a milk crate ;) ). I plan to ultimately use a mix of MC90s and V30s, I think.

The C90 has a smooth highs, somewhat muted mid attack, and unpronounced bass. The EV 12L has a more raw high end, a real ripping aggressive mid, and deep, tight bass response. the C90 is a great speaker for dual rec type smooth tone. The EV is more for in your face, grab you by the throat slam you against the wall, bash you in the head with a mace and rip out your intestines type sound.

....guess that was a little over the top but thats the general idea.

Schmoog said:
The C90 has a smooth highs, somewhat muted mid attack, and unpronounced bass. The EV 12L has a more raw high end, a real ripping aggressive mid, and deep, tight bass response. the C90 is a great speaker for dual rec type smooth tone. The EV is more for in your face, grab you by the throat slam you against the wall, bash you in the head with a mace and rip out your intestines type sound.

....guess that was a little over the top but thats the general idea.

ROTFL! :D

that's one of the best descriptions that i ever saw in my whole life about the EVs . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schmoog said:

I guess we better latch on to all the 12L's we can cause with this info they will likely replace the AK-47 as the terrorist's weapon of choice!! :lol:

Back