MarkIII vs stereo simul 2:90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerlord

Reaction score
What are the main differences in sound as far as metal or rock goes between the two?And what years were the 2:90's made,do they share the same notoriety as the Mark series?Is there a big difference in power output outside of the obviuos numbers on paper.I have a friend that wants to trade me straight across.Do I need a preamp with one of these?Thanks.

I know to some of you old timers here my question might be absurd,but I'm young at guitar and tube amps and Mesa's,so I don't know much.Only one way to learn is ask.If you know please tell,so that someday I can be as wise with my gear as you are.

You could buy a triaxis to pair w/ that 2:90 and it would sound great, but it'll cost ya! ~$1k used on eBay. The mesa quad would also be pretty sweet in a rig w/ the 2:90. You could get very close to mark tones with either of the aforementioned preamps. I would steer clear of digital preamps, iMO they just don't cut it.

a mk III has a preamp and power in it...a 2:90 is just a power amp. so you you will need a preamp as well eg.. the recto recording ,studio preamp or quad all by mesa..the 2: 90 is great for rock..you could use the pre amp out of your mkIII and use a 2:90 to power it..

Thanks,I get it now.I'm thinking I should stay with my MarkIII because it has it all and will do about anything I ask.No wonder he wants to trade,he has a ADA MP-1 with that amp and I never thought it sounded that great compared to the MarkIII.

Back