Mark V sound sample Video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Reaction score
Heres a quick video of my mark V. Its channel 3 in mark IV mode. Running a maxon od808, please forgive the bad playing and the butchering of the KSE licks, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcl688YSIE8

Sounds really full and thick man!! Great metal tone.

Can you maybe show your tone settings? all of the settings front and back? I'm sure people that can't get as good of metal sound would love them.

I can tell you what they are until I can take some pics. All settings are based off of what I call the clock method. So if I say 12:30 then that would be halfway between 12 and 1. Anyhow this is how its set

Mark IV mode set to pentode
loop is engaged
gain is at 1:30
Master is at 11 oclock
Presence is at 1 oclock
treble is at 1:30
mid is at 11 oclock
bass is at 10 oclock
Bright switch in the down position.

the recording was done with the graphic engaged and set up like in the petrucci video. It was also done in the 45 watt setting. Another tip is if you want a little bit more bite I would recommend running the hard bypass on the fx loop if your not running fx. You also have to be a little careful with the graphic. Its hard to gauge exactly where JP has his graphic at and with the amount of presence and treble I have dialed in you have to be careful with that 6600K fader.

tjjmon said:
Nice tone. You running the pedal in front?

Yes a maxon OD808. the pedal is set with the balance 3/4 of the way up, the volume off and the tone at 1 oclock. With that guitar I NEED a boost. That guitar has very very low output humbuckers in it.

Latest posts

Back