Mark V Pics (Close Ups!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool pics, espacially I was interested in rear panel...

btw where is that "5" from the pic where Randall Smith was working on a new amp? :lol:

and what are these 2 silver knobs on the left? channel select and loop assign?

thanks for the pics 8)

I wanted to see the rear panel and a closer look at the front options.

This amp gives me GAS...

It is so sexy... I love the looks and so far the sounds I've heard.

Yeah, those pics were sent to me from the local guitar shop by my place, looks like he got those while at NAMM this year...I haven't seen it up close my self.

Not sure about those knobs...I wanna hear more sound clips my self!

The Mark V can actually have some kind of significance other than it being the 5th installment of the Mark Series....it looks as if it has 5 power tubes :mrgreen:

Actually yeah I think you're right, that looks like a 5U4 on the far left. So wait, there's only one 5U4, and SEVEN 12AX7s? weird arrangement from what I've commonly heard. I also just went to a dealer in cotati california just north of petaluma where mesa boogies factory is and they said they might have a Mark V in as soon as next week?!

dodger916 said:
MrMason said:
The Mark V can actually have some kind of significance other than it being the 5th installment of the Mark Series....it looks as if it has 5 power tubes :mrgreen:
Isn't one a rectifier?
You could be right...it's hard to tell if they're all 6L6's..but having an odd # would be kind of strange.

its 4 power tubes and one rectifier tube.. the reason there is only 1 is because in simulclass mode (which uses 4 power tubes, it has to be diode rectification. when its class a/b or class A it only uses 2 power tubes.. and therefore only needs on rectfier tube

The triode/pentode switch is on the back under the reverb knobs, as are the ss/tube recto switches for ch 1 and 2.

The two rotary knobs on the back are for channel selection and fx loop assignment.

Bullen said:
The triode/pentode switch is on the back under the reverb knobs, as are the ss/tube recto switches for ch 1 and 2.

The two rotary knobs on the back are for channel selection and fx loop assignment.

I read some more documentation and saw this. Thanks for clarifying.

Ch1: 10w, always tube rectified
ch1: 45w, you choose, ss/tube
ch1: 90w, diode

ch2 is the same way

ch3 uses tube only in 10w mode

a tube rectifier will soften the attack, maybe lower the overall output of the amp somewhat.

Can anyone make out what the 4 switches between the FX Loop and the two rotary knobs are for?

Latest posts

Back