Mark V Mark IV mode appreciation

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred_nadin

Reaction score
It seems that the IIC+ and Extreme modes on the 3rd chan of the V are getting all the talk-time on this forum but i think the IV mode is in another world personaly... i've never been so happy with a guitar tone dry in my entire 12 year playing life... i think it gets WAAAAAYY closer to a IV than the IIC+ mode gets to its namesake... (though still different... good different) given i'm still new to the amp and havent tried the IIC+ with triode but... sh!t the IV is the balls...

i'll do an in depth soon only had one 7 hour sitting with this amp through 4 cas so yeah... i'm more than happy (no thanks to all the nay sayers that started freakin me out)

shred_nadin said:
It seems that the IIC+ and Extreme modes on the 3rd chan of the V are getting all the talk-time on this forum but i think the IV mode is in another world personaly... i've never been so happy with a guitar tone dry in my entire 12 year playing life... i think it gets WAAAAAYY closer to a IV than the IIC+ mode gets to its namesake... (though still different... good different) given i'm still new to the amp and havent tried the IIC+ with triode but... sh!t the IV is the balls...

i'll do an in depth soon only had one 7 hour sitting with this amp through 4 cas so yeah... i'm more than happy (no thanks to all the nay sayers that started freakin me out)

I love all the modes on Ch. 3, but I agree with you on the Mark IV. It's the mode I use and the MK. IV was the inspiration for me to buy this amp in the first place. I've never owned a real MK IV for myself, but I love the way it sounds on my V. The lead tones are just killer.

i found the mark iv voice easier to dial in. has more "balls" if you will than the IIc+ voice. and also like it better on pentode and using the graphic eq rather than the preset. i really like the preset at first but as time goes the midrange hump of channel 3 is driving me instane and found a tone i a much happier with using the graphic.

i think the IIc+ has been getting all the "talk" because of it being the elusive ultimate boogie tone and owners of them dont want to believe anything can get close to them, where as IV are much more available, affordable, and in circulation so much easier to get a side by side comparison if you wish.

guitardom said:
i think the IIc+ has been getting all the "talk" because of it being the elusive ultimate boogie tone and owners of them dont want to believe anything can get close to them, where as IV are much more available, affordable, and in circulation so much easier to get a side by side comparison if you wish.

check out the Vintage forum-we did a side by side comparison of sorts

I looked for the side by side of the c+ and the V... couldn't find it. Is a link possible?

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37701

it's in the vintage amps forum, not the "mark I-IV" amps forum...

Latest posts

Back