Mark V making a squealing sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noah76

Reaction score
I tried out a new Mark V combo today and I was getting this squealing sound. I was playing at very low volumes. This was going on on ch2 and ch3. Has this happened to anyone or do you think something could be wrong with the combo?

I think you have to be careful with the fx loop volume even when no pedals are plugged in.

That seems to make mine squeal.

i have the same issue with ch1...I don't understand why many pepole like us have tube problems like that...what mesa is doing to avoid that?

I tried out a new Mark V combo today and I was getting this squealing sound.

U sure you didn't place the combo over your pet hamster or something? :mrgreen:

Yea...either feedback gain or microphonic tube. If I were you I'd just try to secure the tubes in properly to make sure they haven't come loose...and give it a try again with all cables unplugged before concluding its microphonic pre amp tubes

I had this same problem happen on mine yesterday. Had to pull my Gmajor 2 out to send in for repair and was bypassing the space on my GCX switcher. So, basically the effects loop was still active, and I had to turn that down...

Latest posts

Back