Mark V Line Out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satch4u3

Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds like a noob question cuz it sort of is. What's the equvilant of a Line Out on the Mark V? It's not the Slave right? Because that sends power as well, right?? I am looking to feed Line out of the mark V (if it has it) to the Line In of my Line 6 UX1 and use a Speaker Simulator Plug-in. Is this even possible?

What you want to do is perfectly possible. Slave is exactly for that. It's extracted from the speakers but scaled down to line level. In addition you have a level knob so no problem there. You won't be able to do it silently though.

If you connect a 'dummy load', such as a THD Hotplate (set to 'Load'), you can disconnect the speakers and record silently.

Thanks for the input guys. It all worked as you said. I had the Slave out going to the input of my Line6 UX1 and it was coming through. However I wasn't a big fan of the tone I was getting. The thing with computer based recording and monitoring there is so many factors involved.

I don't understand why wouldn't it be fine for recording? True, a good mic is a better way but a "padded" signal is a scaled down version of the original signal out of the power amp. AND you have a level knob so you adjust to the level your recording gear can accept. It all boiled down to the speaker simulator (hardware or software). If the speaker sim does the job for you there is no need to buy or borrow a mic.

I think I may need a better interface as well. In my tests the signal had a bit of Latencey. Probably due to the UX1 being connected via USB 2.0. Maybe a Firewire device would be a better solution. Also, I was using RedWire Impules Resonses speaker emulation. I was using the free IR they offer.

Man I really miss the silent recording feature of the Mark IV...

Yeah I really miss that about the Marshall JVM410. It had a built in Speaker Emulation. It was nice.

Latest posts

Back