Mark V in R2 Mode, I need advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevycat

Reaction score
I have been trying to get a good R2 sound, but fall short with a nasal type tone. I play strats and teles thru my mkv.

I have R1 where I want it and R3 is ruff and ready. Any thoughts on where I should set the controls to get rid of that nasal voicing.

In R2 I run in the 45 watt mode, crunch toggled on, tube rect switch on. treble at 4, mids at 5, bass at 5, presence at 4 and gain at 4. Adding just a small amount of reverb and eq on preset at 2. All standard stock tube set up, think like new from factory.

I run all of the controls pretty much straight up in crunch mode, don't use the EQ at all. Sounds great with my Teles. What speaker(s) are you running through?

SteveO said:
What speaker(s) are you running through?
Stock combo speaker that comes with the unit. Which is going to take some time to beak in as I can't open up the amp in an apartment complex without expecting the law to show.

sevycat said:
SteveO said:
What speaker(s) are you running through?
Stock combo speaker that comes with the unit. Which is going to take some time to beak in as I can't open up the amp in an apartment complex without expecting the law to show.

I'm running a head into an Express 23 1x12, basically the same configuration as a combo (open back, C90). I'm also in an apartment and haven't had a lot of break-in time with this cab, so we're basically running similar setups. Well, I do have a couple different tubes in V1 and V2, but I don't recall ever having a nasal tone out of channel two with the stock tubes.

Latest posts

Back