Mark V head into Yamaha DG80-112 speaker?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joherszch

Reaction score
Hi!

My Mark V head is on the way and I am pretty excited! =)

I also ordered a 2x12 Rectifier Vertical Slant Cabinet, however it is expected to arrive in beginning of July so I am in somewhat of need of somekind of speaker here.

So I dusted of my good ole' Yamaha DG80-112 amp I found that it has easy accessible speaker inputs, 1 and 2 (EXT).

I should be able to use it as a speaker for the Mark head, or?

Any handful tips/information is appreciated!

joherszch said:
Hi!

My Mark V head is on the way and I am pretty excited! =)

I also ordered a 2x12 Rectifier Vertical Slant Cabinet, however it is expected to arrive in beginning of July so I am in somewhat of need of somekind of speaker here.

So I dusted of my good ole' Yamaha DG80-112 amp I found that it has easy accessible speaker inputs, 1 and 2 (EXT).

I should be able to use it as a speaker for the Mark head, or?

Any handful tips/information is appreciated!

as long as the g12h-100 (i think that's what's in there?) can handle the mark v's power output (it better!) and is properly connected to the mark v 8ohm output. unplug the yamaha's speaker output connection so the speaker is only connected to the mark. rock on, dude!

oh and welcome to the club! 8)

Thanks!

Yep, it's a Celestion G12H-100 speaker.

I checked the Boogie website and looked at a rear panel picture just to get a hang of the output options.

Got a bit uncertain of which to use though, since there are two 8 ohm outputs, is it the top or the bottom one?

As you can see here the Yamaha DG80-112 has speaker configs: 80W RMS/8ohm; 100W RMS/4 ohm;

Just want to get up running as smoothly as possible tomorrow =)

Are you sure those are not the speaker outputs of the amplifier? I'm not familiar with that amp but that is what they look like to me, and to plug your Mark V into them would most likely be the end of both amps.

I would think that the wire coming out of that Jack is what goes to the speaker, and you would unplug it from the Yamaha and plug it into to MKV.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with the Yamaha. Do yourself a favor and follow that cable and see if it goes to the speaker.

Dom

domct203, you're right! I dunno what I was thinking at all, probably I wasn't! That is the outputs. I found the cable thoug that goes directly to the
speaker. But I'm still unsure about the outputs on the head. Can someone help
me with that?

Well it looks like that amp has a solid state output section. So if you have an 8 ohm total speaker load it will produce 80W, and with a 4 ohm load it will produce 100W of output power. Also it looks like the amp was designed to run with no lower than a 4 ohm total load, and that the speaker output jacks are wired in parallel.

Hope that helps.

Dom

joherszch said:
domct203, you're right! I dunno what I was thinking at all, probably I wasn't! That is the outputs. I found the cable thoug that goes directly to the
speaker. But I'm still unsure about the outputs on the head. Can someone help
me with that?
either 8ohm output should be fine if you're only using 1 speaker. people usually connect to the "combo" labelled one, but electrically it shouldn't matter (looking at the schematic and from previous experience).

Back