MARK V GRIPES

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This more of a wish than a gripe. If the three voices per channel were controllable through a foot switch or MIDI.

4406cuda said:
This more of a wish than a gripe. If the three voices per channel were controllable through a foot switch or MIDI.

Big +1 there. Perhaps...Mark VI

Talked with Boogie about the issues I was having and they recommended that those problems were to be expected since its a combo. So, I just special ordered the Mark V Headshell with reverb tank. The rattling combo days are now numbered.

My biggest gripe is the lame sounding crippled EQ section, and lack of attainable bass as a result ( non muddy bass).

That and it was dumb to not make the FX loop individually assignable to each channel.

Oh and finally it was REALLY dumb to loose both gain controls.
~mike~

Not leaving room to turn those upper knobs but mostly-
IV and IIC+ modes both a little disappointing. When I went to extreme I was expecting fizzy, hissing, loud crap but finally-that's what my old Mark IV sounded like. This is with using a modded sd-1 as a boost also. Very powerful and tight articulation. 7th and 8th strings are focused and clear (even tuned a step down).
The IV and IIC+ modes will be nice to some people but extreme doesn't sound "extreme" to me. I think it's the best mode on ch 3. I can use it for rhythm and leads.
On the plus side-solo boost replaces a volume pedal, cleans are great. Will keep tweaking with 10 band e.q., bbe, etc.

Finally got a decent tone out of Channel 2 (thanks to gibson5413).

Other than that one tone, and subsequent variations of it...that channel leaves much to be desired.

I have an incredibly petty gripe. No pilot light. I don't know, I just like the look of them. Although this one does pretty fine without.

Gripe.

It weighs a fucking ton! I need to beef up to lift this beast in and out of the car.

There is a **** load of circuitry in it though, so it's worth the back ache.

Latest posts

Back