Mark V - Fender Clean?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
Would those of you who have played a Mark V say that the clean channel can to be set to have the warmth of a Fender clean? I'm asking on here because, like many of you on here, my local dealer doesn't have one in stock to try out. Thanks!

ifailedshapes said:
Would those of you who have played a Mark V say that the clean channel can to be set to have the warmth of a Fender clean? I'm asking on here because, like many of you on here, my local dealer doesn't have one in stock to try out. Thanks!

My answer is yes, but I have not owned the best Fender has to offer. The Mark V cleans are just amazing, which was a HUGE surprise to me. A surprise I'm very grateful for!

This kills me! If I want "Fender" clean, then why would I not just get a Fender amp? My Mesa is what it's supposed to be: a Mesa! My Pignoses are (get this) Pignoses! My Peaveys are (you guessed it) Peaveys!

ty

thunda1216 said:
This kills me! If I want "Fender" clean, then why would I not just get a Fender amp? My Mesa is what it's supposed to be: a Mesa! My Pignoses are (get this) Pignoses! My Peaveys are (you guessed it) Peaveys!

ty
..for many,Fender is an "industry standard" when it comes to cleans...as opposed to ,say, a Pignose or Peavey-my Mk's are Fender-ish clean, and that is a good thing IMO :)

I have a feeling that "Fat" mode with the Preset engaged and EQ'd properly on 45w mode with tube recto will sound exactly like a fender. It will be gorgeous beautiful big body clean.

Which fender clean? Tweed? Bassman? Twin or Deluxe Reverb?

I think it gets some incredibly nice cleans - MUCH better and more versatile than the Mark IV, and that it can get in the ballpark of any of the most popular fender clean styles I mention above.
I've only played one authentic 50's Fender tweed, and that was only for 20 takes on one solo - but there's something about the tweed mode that actually does harken back to that amp that I played.
My Traynor Bassmate is now tweaked a little more Plexi than Bassman, but the Mark IV does get pretty close to the tones that I dial into that amp aswell. The last 10% is all taste of course.
At rehearsal, the other guitar player is going through a Hotrod Deluxe, but I'm dialed in very differently than him for the sake of separation of tones... one day I should bring my A/B/Y pedal and see if I can dial in a nice Deluxe sounding clean.

One thing that I found interesting a few years ago when I had a '76 silverface Twin Reverb - when I plugged my Mark IV into the combo speakers I got an amazing tone.... you can never discount all the other factors. I also find that one of the most important components of an amazing clean tone is the room that you're playing it in.

Back