Mark V effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tptb73 said:
Scary said:
The effects loop signal is hot with the level at noon. The problem is your tone suffers if you lower it too much. I try and use both the fx loop level and the input levels on the effects units to maximize the tone without overflow.

Does this mean that if I can turn the FX loop level all the way up, and still have it sound good (which I can), I should? Or is it preferable to leave it at 12:00? With my G Major, it sounds the same either way, just different volume.

I have a G Major with my Mark V. Leave the send level on the back of the amp at noon (straight up). Make sure kill-dry is OFF on the G Major since the V has a series loop. (You'd turn kill-dry on with something like a dual recifier that has a parallel loop). Make sure the G Major is set to "Pro / Line Level" and not "Consumer Level" (i may have botched the exact wording so check the G Majors manual). Crank the input/output knobs on the front of the g major as far as you can until you achieve unity gain (buy the footswitch). This means when playing the Mark V you don't want to hear a volume drop/jump when you activate the loop.

SonVolt said:
tptb73 said:
Scary said:
The effects loop signal is hot with the level at noon. The problem is your tone suffers if you lower it too much. I try and use both the fx loop level and the input levels on the effects units to maximize the tone without overflow.

Does this mean that if I can turn the FX loop level all the way up, and still have it sound good (which I can), I should? Or is it preferable to leave it at 12:00? With my G Major, it sounds the same either way, just different volume.

I have a G Major with my Mark V. Leave the send level on the back of the amp at noon (straight up). Make sure kill-dry is OFF on the G Major since the V has a series loop. (You'd turn kill-dry on with something like a dual recifier that has a parallel loop). Make sure the G Major is set to "Pro / Line Level" and not "Consumer Level" (i may have botched the exact wording so check the G Majors manual). Crank the input/output knobs on the front of the g major as far as you can until you achieve unity gain (buy the footswitch). This means when playing the Mark V you don't want to hear a volume drop/jump when you activate the loop.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info. It's extremely helpful. Couldn't find much info about this online. My G Major was previously setup for the Nomad, which, if i remember correctly, had a parallel loop, but if the loop level was cranked all the way, made it effectively a serial loop? Not sure if I can make these changes in the G Major though because the stupid knobs don't work. Gonna have to see if the G7 editor can do it. I sure would like the G Major 2 because it's such a pain to have to hook up the G Major to my PC for editing. Not worth the cost though since I only use it for reverb and delay. TC really ought to fix those knobs for free since it's been a problem in almost every device...but, oh well

Latest posts

Back