Mark V Effects Loop problem please help!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mizati20

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am having an issue with my Mark V, this forums has always been a huge help so any and all theories or advice would be greatly appreciated. My effects loops is extremely noisy, to the point where it is almost un-usable, I will do my best to explain the problem, but to simplify it very very much....when the amp is on channel 3, say I have my chorus pedal hooked up, as soon as I plug the cables into the send and receive jacks I get a loud hissing sound that I cannot dial out....I have turned the level knob all the way up and all the way down, tried different power configurations for my pedals.... tried different pedals, nothing seems to help. The store I bought it from is closed on the weeksn, so before I go up there and throw a **** fit I wanted to have a bit of knowledge on what you guys might think the problem could be. It's not my guitar, because the hissing is there even if the guitar volume knob is down, and even if the guitar isnt even plugged in. I am using Monster Pro-Link Cables and Boss pedals that have never given me a problem before.... as said before very simply put, as soon as I plug anything into the send and return jacks I get a lot of hissing, it is only on the gain channels though (2 and 3). Any theories/suggestions/advice would be amazing, I really do love my Mark V, I've owned 2 Mark IV's and it really is my holy grail tone, I just need to get this problem resolved, thanks guys!!!

Kit

Mizati20 said:
Hey guys, I am having an issue with my Mark V, this forums has always been a huge help so any and all theories or advice would be greatly appreciated. My effects loops is extremely noisy, to the point where it is almost un-usable, I will do my best to explain the problem, but to simplify it very very much....when the amp is on channel 3, say I have my chorus pedal hooked up, as soon as I plug the cables into the send and receive jacks I get a loud hissing sound that I cannot dial out....I have turned the level knob all the way up and all the way down, tried different power configurations for my pedals.... tried different pedals, nothing seems to help. The store I bought it from is closed on the weeksn, so before I go up there and throw a sh!t fit I wanted to have a bit of knowledge on what you guys might think the problem could be. It's not my guitar, because the hissing is there even if the guitar volume knob is down, and even if the guitar isnt even plugged in. I am using Monster Pro-Link Cables and Boss pedals that have never given me a problem before.... as said before very simply put, as soon as I plug anything into the send and return jacks I get a lot of hissing, it is only on the gain channels though (2 and 3). Any theories/suggestions/advice would be amazing, I really do love my Mark V, I've owned 2 Mark IV's and it really is my holy grail tone, I just need to get this problem resolved, thanks guys!!!

Kit

Check the power supply for your pedal (or rule it out as a culprit by running the pedal with a battery). I had the same issue with an MXR carbon copy delay and it turned out my power supply was providing the wrong voltage to the pedal. As a result everything started hissing.

cheers,
Supreeth

Latest posts

Back