Mark V and tremolo pedals...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexm6131

Reaction score
First off, Hello everyone! New guy here!

And down to business...

I've been having a problem and I wonder if anyone else has experianced this and might have some advice or an explanation for it. I've had my Mark V for about 4 or 5 months now and I've noticed that when I use tremolo pedals on the distortion channels, I'm hearing the uneffected signal along with the tremolo. The pedal is a seymour duncan shape shifter and only has a mono output and I'm running it right straight into the input of the amp (the head version) and going into a 2x12 cab. The funny thing is on the clean channel I just get the tremolo sound like normal. I also have a line 6 tap tremolo that (also running mono) gives me the same problem when in "bias" mode I believe. Is there something I'm missing or is there something funny with my amp that I should have checked out?

Thanks a lot! :)

Try it in the loop and see how that works for you. I have a ModFactor in my loop, and the tremolo setting on it works fine on all three channels.

hmm, i'll have to try that. it just seems like such a weird problem to have in the first place y'know?

When using overdrive/distortion, does the tremolo effect seem non-existent when you first play a note, then seem to return in strength as the note dies out?
The compression added by the distortion clipping tends to even out the volume variations caused by the tremolo effect. Try goosing the tremolo wave shape from sine to square, and maybe upping the depth. Also try the pedal in the loop. Running any effect into distortion (instead of distortion into effect) tends to diminish or blur the effect. :D

there would be no delay, just the unaffected signal coming through at the same time. someone suggested it could be leakage from the pedal it self, i guess that makes sense. apparently it works fine in the loop. the odd thing is back when i went into a clean amp i had all my effects before my distortion pedal and never had any problems like this. oh well, thanks for the suggestions!

First off, I think the shape shifter is one of the best tap trems out there, so good choice. Perhaps with the amount of volume and gain that is introduced opposed to a straight up clean sound, the depth setting isn't enough to make a dent in the sound. So maybe more depth? Change to square opposed a trianle or round wave pattern.

Even with the depth up all the way and set to square wave I still hear both sounds. And like I said, I also experience the same issue with a line 6 tap trem but only in "bias" mode. I'm totally digging the shapeshifter; the feature set, the sound, its all great. having to run it through the loop is just such a pain (more cables etc.).

Ugh, the line 6 trem is the worst ever. When I used it with gain, even when it was off, it would tremolo my amp noise. I don't know what to tell you, call seymour?

i'll probably just suck it up and use the loop lol i had that problem with the boss trem but the only real problem i had with the line 6 was the tap tempo was useless for higher speeds and it just wasn't smooth enough

Latest posts

Back