Mark V and TC Electronic G system

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litesnsirens

Reaction score
Is anybody using the G system with their Mark V? Specifically to change channels on the Mark. It looks as though you should be able to set it up to change channels along with the presets within the unit. Looks like it might be a cool set up.

Channel switching with the Gsys's relays doesn't work really good.
I bought a RJM mini amp gizmo since it does the switching faster and without static noise.

Hmm, are you able to switch all 3 channels along with the eq and the solo using the g system? It appears that there are 2 stereo relays with the G system, is the solution to use stereo to 2 mono cables to access all switchable elements. I saw a video of a guy accessing all of his channels on a framus cobra I think it was using the G-system, definitely the amp gizmo looks like it would make things very simple and versatile. I'm just thinking I may have to do this one thing at a time...

litesnsirens said:
Hmm, are you able to switch all 3 channels along with the eq and the solo using the g system?

Jepp! It only takes to long imho to be usefull during one song. If you only use one channel per song the gsys does the switching good enough via two insert-cables (y-cable 1x stereo to 2x mono each).

I'm switching all 3 channels with my G, but I leave my EQ on with contour all the time. That shouldn't be a problem though.

I do have a problem with the relays though - they're pretty slow. Also, it seems that when I switch from crunch to lead, the clean LED blinks for an instant.

There's something I find strange though. The single relay jack out that I use for clean, crunch and lead switching works like this: CO (C=closed, O=open) is the crunch channel, OC is the lead channel CC (closed closed) is the clean channel. You'd think that OO would be clean, but it switches to lead if I use that combination of relays. If I unplug the relays plugs, it'll default to the clean channel. Mesa says that having a common ground isn't an issue, but I'm sure that's why just having the insert cable plugged in flips it up to the lead channel even if both relays are open.

It's not that big a deal - but I'm curious if anyone out there had a different way of wiring/configuring it so that it switched to the lead channel a little more smoothly.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks for the input guys... I think the G system looks like it offers a lot of flexibility, I really would like to be able to set up presets that include amp channels. Somehow the more simple I want to make things the more complicated it gets....LOL

Latest posts

Back