Mark V amp hum, hiss and crackling noise in 3rd channel?!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ricorocks said:
Hey 67mike, how does Chubbies TONE compare with the "V"? :)

My amp is a fifty five twelve...which is very similar if not exact to a Chubster 55.

The Rivera is similar to the fat and tweed clean channels....very similar.

The OD channel is very "cutting"...in fact it bothers my ears a bit when I crank it....more piercing highs than the MkV......it has a G12H75 speaker that is quite nice...I tried the Mesa CL90 with the Rivera and I found it too bright.

The Rivera won't replace my Mk V....but it is a keeper....will be my grab and go amp...20lbs lighter than the MkV.

Good to hear that it won't replace the Solid "V" LOL!! i think you got yourself a great combo . Rivera is a great make... :wink: i don't like those harsh highs either , try to get an EQ to get rid of them if you can (Probably) i heard the Stilettto has those piercy highs, not much you can do to get rid of them, people say it's the voicing of the amp?!? but i'm not to sure, could be that the speakers neeed to be broken in to mellow out the Tone?!? but never took one for a test ride... i can't stand Piercy highs. plus No rev. and EQ on stilet i believe. i really was thinkin' about getting a stilet 50 watter head or even 2 speaker combo. Bummer. :(

Hey all , Knock on Wood. i got great news, all the hum, hiss, sputtering and crackling is completely gone. the issue was all due to a Fu!?ked up very BAD 12AX7 pre valve in the V1 pos. great man, now i am SATISFIED . Rock on all :D :D

Latest posts

Back