Mark V 35 cab clone question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Strato

Reaction score
Greetings everyone first time poster here. My question is does anybody know if the xlr out of the cab clone is placed between the pre amp and power amp like a effects loop or is it after both the preamp and power amp. Also does anybody know if I can run out of the cab clone into an effects processor and then into a power amp for a wet/dry/wet setup. Thanks for the replies, apologies if this has been posted before.

Joe Strato said:
Greetings everyone first time poster here. My question is does anybody know if the xlr out of the cab clone is placed between the pre amp and power amp like a effects loop or is it after both the preamp and power amp. Also does anybody know if I can run out of the cab clone into an effects processor and then into a power amp for a wet/dry/wet setup. Thanks for the replies, apologies if this has been posted before.

The cabclone would come at the end of the signal chain, post power amp.
I don't see why you couldn't run from the xlr into a processor/poweramp...however, you will be running a cabinet emulated signal which will then feed into a real cabinet. That tends to not work so well.

Joe Strato said:

The cab clone is after the power amp but is line level out. I have been using a Boss GT-100 multi-effects processor and am happy with the result. The trick is to use the 4 cable method:

Guitar to GT-100 input
GT-100 effects send to Mark V input
Mark V effects send to GT-100 effects return
GT-100 effects send to Mark V return

Make sure each patch enables send/return (S/R). This way you can put the "gaining" effects before the preamp and the "modulating" effects between the preamp and the power amp.

Latest posts

Back