Mark V 25w Mini Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to try one. Bonus points for the built in Cab-clone Mesa B !

The only downs to be THE perfect mini amp imo are:

- lack of solo function

- simple footswitch (only channel switching and eq??). what about solo (if he had it), reverb and loop footswitchable??

Does anyone know which kind of cabinets they pictured with it on their website? They look like mini recto cabinets...?

I'm curious to know if the top of those slant versions of those mini recto cabs are deep enough to hold the new Mk V Mini head without it sticking out. I think these cabs are 11" deep at the bottom but Mesa does not tell you how deep they are at the top (where it matters!!) :?

Also I wonder whether Mesa has any intention of releasing a combo version...

I really want one of these. I always liked the form factor of the Express series, but I always felt that the Mark V did everything better. A 2 channel Mark V:25 is the answer! And a built-in Cab-Clone? No brainer. I think these will sell as well as the Mini-Rec.

hydro said:
Does anyone know which kind of cabinets they pictured with it on their website? They look like mini recto cabinets...?

I'm curious to know if the top of those slant versions of those mini recto cabs are deep enough to hold the new Mk V Mini head without it sticking out. I think these cabs are 11" deep at the bottom but Mesa does not tell you how deep they are at the top (where it matters!!) :?

The cab shown is the Mini Rec 1x12 Slant!!

ryjan said:
This amp will be the first Mesa Boogie tube amp I purchase brand spanking new.

I bought a brand new Express 5:50 1x12 combo back in 2009. It was great! Like "new car smell" for guitarists!

Aww, dang this downshifting trend! :lol: It looks like a cool little amp though.

But what I have been lusting after is a full Mark V with Progressive Linkage thrown in. (And maybe a Deep switch for channel 3.) Guess we need to see a huge upswing in the global economy before we can have anything like that. :|

Wow, wow, wow. I didn't think we'd see this. Got the email today. Mesa is definitely not sitting on their laurels, given the excellent products already released the past couple years.

This is almost my dream gigging amp. And I just got a Rectoverb 25 to sit in for my Mark V on tight stages. But it's missing a channel, and I agree, the tube change must make it totally different. I'm willing to give their creative engineers the benefit of the doubt in voicing this potential gem as a Mark V.

But I'm sick. I want 3 channels in this configuration! I need the great clean, but I love the chewy tweed channel on the Mark V. In ten watt mode it's so excellent and authentically vintage sounding. And of course you can't give up crunch and high gain. So what I really dream of, is a 4 channel, mini Mesa Mark VI! Clean, tweed, crunch, and high gain, all in foot switchable, pedal eliminating glory. I'm sure we are years away from that kind of miniturization in analog amplification though, if it's even possible or affordable.

Interesting in the description that in polling the community, it sounds like they considered 3 channels, but users preferred only two. And that pedals made up for the other drive tones required.

Authorized Boogie said:
hydro said:

The cab shown is the Mini Rec 1x12 Slant!!

What are the dimensions (depth) of the *top* of the slant cab?

Well I reconfigured my pedal board for the Rectoverb 25 head, so I guess I'm ready for the Mark V 25. I added a clean boost pedal in the effects loop so I could get a solo boost in high gain mode. I also added a Catalinbread 5F6 foundation drive for that sweet, just breaking up tweed tone. But now I'm really loving the Dual Rectifier modern tone. Hmm, maybe run both heads, then I've got my dream 4 channel Boogie! D'oh.....too much gas.

Amazing that this new head is only 14" wide, when the Rectoverb 25 is 17 3/4" wide. It'll fit much better on this cab :)

So excited about this one! This is exactly what I have wanted all along! I had the Recto-verb 25 rack but it was just missing something....most notably that great EQ but I really love that Mark V tone.

I have this one on order and can't wait!

Nice work, Mesa!!!

:D :D :D

I too am excited about this one and have it on order!
The only thing different I would prefer is:
Ch1: Clean, Fat and Tweed modes
Ch2: Crunch, IIC+ and IV modes.
These are my 6 favorite modes on my big MkV.
Anyway, I think the Mini Mark will be awesome!

I also ordered mine, it will match my new Rectoverb 25 and 2x12 cab. :D
Going to see what speakers it likes before getting another cab. I have a 1x12 with a Black Shadow and the 2x12 with V30s.

I'd love a rack mount version.
I can couple it with a 2:90 if I ever decide to run it to a full stack, all alone for low volume, or line out to the PA or recording interface.
Cannot wait!!!!!!
:D

My fear is it will sound like the triaxis and the 20/20 did even with the deep mod. Not very good when you want to move some air.... The EQ might help and the cab clone is cool. But El 84's... :roll: :roll: Mark amp..booo

Man, I have a roadster combo(love it) and have been debating what other amp to get - thought the mini rec would be a duplicate of what i have minus the low wattage - thought about electradyne, Royal atlantic and of coarse the mark V - but I think this is truly the ticket - can't wait for user reviews and video's -- I think I ate some mexican food last night - got some seriously bad GAS! :mrgreen:

I want one too but why no solo boost? My express plus has lot more features, 5 watt mode,reverb,preset eq and graphic, why didn't they add that? :?: I guess not enough room. Still want one big time

Yes, exactly what I was thinking!!

6V6s would have been the proper power amp tubes choice. That would have been perfectly in line with the Boogie tradition.

With the EL84s, it doesn't sound at all like a Boogie.

4406cuda said:
I wish they would of used different power tubes, like 6V6's.

agree 6v6 would have been great. el84's compress to much - maybe it was to save space - to bad

Back