Mark V 25w Mini Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heavy101 said:
Placed my order with Sweetwater yesterday and was told all the amps
they got this week were spoken for and shipped out, most should be getting
them today.

The next batch doesn't have a ETA yet but was told they will get it today,
could be possible the amps arrive today but not likely. On Wednesday
the Mark V : 25 page said it would be a few WEEKS until they get
more, then yesterday it changed so I called in to place my order.

If there isn't a ETA by Monday from them I'll go elsewhere, don't like
being lied to. Spend lots of money on Gear so I'll take my ball elsewhere
if my rep fluffs me and I'll tell him why on my way out.

I missed the first batch at Sweetwater, but the second batch came in yesterday so I should have mine Saturday. Their initial order was for 60 units and they sound like they are shipping in groups of 20 (from what I heard from my rep.) The final batch of the first order should arrive today or possible next week. But, I could have been fed a line of crap too.

MusicManJP6 said:
ReIgnition said:
My Mark V 25 is shipping today from Sw**twater.

Should be in my practice room by Friday ! 8)

We all should be getting them around the same time.

I ordered mine from Sweetwater on Monday and was told their shipment of the first batch would be arriving today... wondering if it was just a ploy to get me to make the purchase!! Hope I don't have to wait until the next batch comes in...

It shipped yesterday.... I have to wait until Monday.

Anyway, I ordered mine on 9/17.... the same day the Mesa newsletter anouncement of the mini v.

enigma said:
I'd love to see a comparison test between the Mark V 25 and Engl Ironball 20 (20/5/1 watt) head in the near future. I was about to buy an Engl Ironball 20 ($1,199) until this came out. In the past, I've owned more Mesa Boogie amps than any other brands. However, my current Engl Sovereign Vintage 100 has really been my go to versatile amp.

Same here. My grail tone is Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer/tight metal sorta stuff but I also love punk and Pennywise would be close to my tone there. The Ironball got there for sure, I assume the Mini Mark V will too but which will do it better. I suspect the Mark will win on cleans and punk but I think the Engl captures the most limiting sound out there, heavy tight metal outta a small quiet amp.

Buy them all.

Received my amp a few days ago. It's a winner!

It can do tight metal tones for sure. Check out Ola's demo where he pretty much dimes the treble. With those settings it is all out metal. :twisted:

I used my Mark V 25 for service this morning at C3 church. I ended up using the Xtreme mode for my drive tones because it seems to be the most dynamic and warm at lower gain levels (I'm running my gain less than halfway). Full chords sound great, power chords are chunky and my leads are pretty sweet!

I got so many compliments on my tone this morning from the sound guy, other random people and the worship team! One more service to play tonight. I can't wait to play through this thing again! :D

ryjan said:
WTF is an "Ola"?

A dude that makes every single amp he records sound exactly alike... super smooth, compressed and as generic as possible.

Uhh, Spanish for "hi?" :lol:

As in Ola Englund <http://www.olaenglund.com/2014/10/24/mesaboogie-mark-five-25-video/>

Back